Sponsored

Ipod won't connect via usb.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Hey all, first time Apple user here having trouble connecting a 6th gen ipod touch via usb. Not sure if this has been covered, but I couldn't find anything. I can connect fine via Bluetooth, but my base system will not connect to the ipod via usb. Any help or suggestions?
Sponsored

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi Jeremy,

I'd like to help with this. What happens when you try to connect your iPod? Also, when you say you can connect via Bluetooth, are you referring to your phone or the iPod? Let me know and we'll troubleshoot this.

Rebecca

OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Hi Jeremy,

I'd like to help with this. What happens when you try to connect your iPod? Also, when you say you can connect via Bluetooth, are you referring to your phone or the iPod? Let me know and we'll troubleshoot this.

Rebecca
Rebecca, thanks for the reply. I will post a picture tonight of what the screen shows. And yes, I can connect my ipod via Bluetooth.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Have you tried both USB ports and a different cable?

I've connected a 5, 6S+ and an old 5th Gen 80GB iPod (30-pin), no problems.

Of note, I've also connected a thumb drive and a USB-to-SD adapter that both also worked great (I use a USB drive for my quick on-the-go music) and I listen to podcasts, that also worked as expected from my 6S+.

I believe on the 6S, there was an initial security confirmation about device access.

OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Have you tried both USB ports and a different cable?

I've connected a 5, 6S+ and an old 5th Gen 80GB iPod (30-pin), no problems.

Of note, I've also connected a thumb drive and a USB-to-SD adapter that both also worked great (I use a USB drive for my quick on-the-go music) and I listen to podcasts, that also worked as expected from my 6S+.

I believe on the 6S, there was an initial security confirmation about device access.
I have not tried a different cable or the front usb port. I will do that after work today and see what happens. I will say that the ipod charges fine when hooked up to the rear usb, just doesn't connect. Thanks for the advice! I'll post back with my findings.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Cool. Yeah, I tend to work backwards and rule out the simplest things first (cable or physical connector), then start thinking about software level complications.

I'm assuming you're on the latest iOS (9.2.1) and you've made successful physical connections from your iPod to your computer (probably using iTunes).

demarad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I posted this recently....had the same issue with mine and I have the shaker system. It's likely the media hub that will need to be replaced. Basically, mine would charge but the system didn't recognize any device plugged in....turns out faulty media hub. Was a 20 min repair and out the door all fixed.

OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
I posted this recently....had the same issue with mine and I have the shaker system. It's likely the media hub that will need to be replaced. Basically, mine would charge but the system didn't recognize any device plugged in....turns out faulty media hub. Was a 20 min repair and out the door all fixed.
So, you couldn't play off of a flash drive either?

Sponsored

demarad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Right....nothing worked. Didn't matter what cord, what device, what software. Just a faulty media hub.

OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Right....nothing worked. Didn't matter what cord, what device, what software. Just a faulty media hub.
I'll have to try a flash drive then. If that doesn't work, I may have the same problem.

OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Great suggestions, everyone! Keep us posted on what you find out, ponie1992.

Rebecca
Will do. I'll try a couple things over the next day or so.
Sponsored