OP

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black
Step away from the car.....and then take the picture!

:)
:doh: that's a riot. didn't even think about that.

I have got some more I can post. But these two really are my favorites. :headbang:

OP
OP

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
Reactions: TDC

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way
What are your initial thoughts compared to the C7?

OP
OP

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
What are your initial thoughts compared to the C7?
I have got many comments actually :D. But I would like to qualify it with the fact that I still love the C7. It is an amazing car, but I would do this flip all day, every day.

1. The ride of the GT350 is far more comfortable.
2. The C7 is very tight and 7 speed tranny is not intuitive at all. The 6 speed is a dream to work.
3. Much easier in and out.
4. Far greater visibility.
5. The exhaust note on the C7 is amazing. Yet it does not even compare to the GT350.
6. The C7 certainly feels faster.
7. Both seem to get similar attention (each person can decide if that is important to them).
8. The GT350 feels more stable.
9. The GT350 is really way more fun. It is not nearly has herky jerky and just has an amazing smoothness about it that I really appreciate.

There is a big difference in price. I wondered to myself if I was downgrading from the C7 to the GT350. But I come up with a resounding, NO.

It depends on what each person cares about, I suppose. IMHO, a big part of the price difference is the technology. The C7 is completely electric. The doors, the e-brake, the entire thing really. I do not particularly care for that. The only real tech in the mustang is the display console.

I prefer the analog of the Ford. And I assume if the mustang had the same tech, the cost would be far closer. To me, the way the cars feels and drives in terms of quality, is more important the a HUD (even though I really liked that feature).

The vette is absolutely stunning to look it. It is much more a sports car. I prefer the lines and look of the mustang, whish is far more muscular to me.

I am more of a Ford guy, but I am not a fanboy by any means. I would have been perfectly happy with the C7. However, to me, there is no real comparison. I far prefer the GT350.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
^^^^^

Oh, and in closing, I really love a e-brake that you have to manually set. I love that noise.

OP
OP

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way
I have got many comments actually :D. But I would like to qualify it with the fact that I still love the C7. It is an amazing car, but I would do this flip all day, every day.

1. The ride of the GT350 is far more comfortable.
2. The C7 is very tight and 7 speed tranny is not intuitive at all. The 6 speed is a dream to work.
3. Much easier in and out.
4. Far greater visibility.
5. The exhaust note on the C7 is amazing. Yet it does not even compare to the GT350.
6. The C7 certainly feels faster.
7. Both seem to get similar attention (each person can decide if that is important to them).
8. The GT350 feels more stable.
9. The GT350 is really way more fun. It is not nearly has herky jerky and just has an amazing smoothness about it that I really appreciate.

There is a big difference in price. I wondered to myself if I was downgrading from the C7 to the GT350. But I come up with a resounding, NO.

It depends on what each person cares about, I suppose. IMHO, a big part of the price difference is the technology. The C7 is completely electric. The doors, the e-brake, the entire thing really. I do not particularly care for that. The only real tech in the mustang is the display console.

I prefer the analog of the Ford. And I assume if the mustang had the same tech, the cost would be far closer. To me, the way the cars feels and drives in terms of quality, is more important the a HUD (even though I really liked that feature).

The vette is absolutely stunning to look it. It is much more a sports car. I prefer the lines and look of the mustang, whish is far more muscular to me.

I am more of a Ford guy, but I am not a fanboy by any means. I would have been perfectly happy with the C7. However, to me, there is no real comparison. I far prefer the GT350.
Thanks for such a comprehensive response. Used C7s are cheaper and even new ones are comparable because of mark-ups on GT350s vs. discounts on Vettes so it was on my radar.

Pleasantly surprised to hear the ride is that much better as the C7 as this will be my daily. Latest I had driven was a C6 and I don't remember it being all that bad.

My 335i has a HUD and it doesn't get mentioned much but they are a great way to keep your speed in check while keeping your eyes on the road - and great for nav directions as well.

After feedback like this it makes the wait for my GT350 that much harder...

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
actually, I was curious as to what he was saying. I currently have no idea. :frusty:
Well, it has to do with Habs ( Montreal Canadiens NHL hockey team ) trading in superstar defenseman PK Subban for Shea Weber from the Nashville Predators.

Sorry for hyjacking. ;)

Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I didn't think so, but who's looking for an argument. :shrug:
Certainly not me however, I'd like that comment clarified.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah hockey is one of my favorite sports and the habs are my team just had to say something sorry for derailing..

OP
OP

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
Yeah hockey is one of my favorite sports and the habs are my team just had to say something sorry for derailing..
no worries...:cheers:

go HABS!!!! :headbang:

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Congratulations! Beautiful car. Really interested in how you got a "great deal" on your C7. I was low balled everywhere. I finally found a dealer willing to give me the lowest offer I could take. There are hundreds of brand new 2106's at 20% off since the 17's are out. Makes getting a good deal on selling a C7 very difficult. Glad it worked out for you.

OP
OP

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations! Beautiful car. Really interested in how you got a "great deal" on your C7. I was low balled everywhere. I finally found a dealer willing to give me the lowest offer I could take. There are hundreds of brand new 2106's at 20% off since the 17's are out. Makes getting a good deal on selling a C7 very difficult. Glad it worked out for you.
I will try to keep this short, for you sake. Ha.

Long story in a nutshell:

I used to go to Ford dealer A. for everything including work vehicles.

A buddy asked me to start going to his brother in law (dealerr B) and I did. I bought 5 cars in two years. Including a 24' box truck.

I fall in love with the GT350 and I ask to trade in my 15 GT performance package that I bought there. They offer me no better than 20k over list.

I negotiated for 6 weeks. Not a penny off. I decide to get the Z51.

6 months later, my COO needs a new Explorer. He asks where to go, and I say go back to dealer A. I mean, why should I have any real loyalty at that point? Don't get me wrong, dealer B is a great guy. Great place. I like him and his staff very much. But Dealer A is actually a little more competitive and much more convenient.

I stop in to say hello during the process and I talk a bit with the owner.

I tell him the story and he chastises me, in a friendly way, for leaving in the first place. Then apparently in an effort to get my business back, he offers me a great deal both ways. It was an offer I could not refuse.

And trust me when I tell you, dealer A is getting all of my business going forward. I look forward to giving him more business actually. I can't wait. I am grateful. And IMHO he did business the right way.
Sponsored