Sponsored

Interior footwell lighting help

Gray8188

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Hey guys I have a base model 2017 5.0 base. Trying to spice it up a little with some ambient lighting. I bought the opt7 aura footwell kit. It comes with a dc plug or you can use a fuse connector which id like to use so I don’t have to turn it on every time I get in the car. Is there a empty fuse spot in the fuse box that stays on all the time I can plug the adapter into? Thanks.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Not empty, but I think 32 or 36 (can't remember which one it was) is a switched power fuse that you could use. I ended up tapping mine in to my speaker power but an add-a-circuit should work just fine.

I've been happy with my Aura kit for the few months I've had it so far, no issues.

OP
OP

Gray8188

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
OP
OP

Gray8188

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Not empty, but I think 32 or 36 (can't remember which one it was) is a switched power fuse that you could use. I ended up tapping mine in to my speaker power but an add-a-circuit should work just fine.

I've been happy with my Aura kit for the few months I've had it so far, no issues.
Thanks so I just pull the fuse that’s in that spot use the fuse tap and do I put the fuse I removed into the fuse tap aswell? Horrible with wiring stuff up lol

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Forgot about this caveat, you can't use the ones that are included, they don't fit for our car.

You need a Micro2 one, like this.

But yes, you pull the fuse and plug that in to the fuse tap and plug the fuse tap in to the original spot. You may have to file down the fuse tap a bit to get it to hold securely in place.
Sponsored