Sponsored

Interesting issues after track session

Grafanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6MT
I had just come off the track after an extended session at Nelson Ledges, roughly 40 minutes and while backing into my paddock spot, the backup camera wasn't working. I let the car cool for more than an hour and miracle of miracles...the back camera worked fine.

On the way home I stopped at a gas station and filled up. A mile or two down the road I noticed that the fuel gauge still only read 1/2 a tank.

I half expect the fuel gauge to work when I start the car up in the morning. Has anybody else had experienced anything like this or have any ideas what's going on? Otherwise the car is working perfectly.
Sponsored

mtoo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple GT
Sometimes my display where the back up camera appears will not work at all. I'll start it up a day later and it works fine. I don't notice anything that would be causing it either

Mr981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost coupe
So....Nelson's is open again for car events?
Have they fixed or repaved the track?
Haven't been there since 2012 and decided not to go back until they put $ into the track.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Gremlins?

OP
OP
Grafanton

Grafanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6MT
Nelson Ledges is limping along this year. There is talk of a whole season next year. I spoke to one of the track workers. He said the new owners have plenty of money and have big plans. I have not heard who these new owners are or if they've even taken possession of the track.
There are zoning issues to resolve and EPA issues to resolve. I hear the EPA wants all the tires removed from the track perimeter. That could cost millions. The track is currently zoned as rustic campground (?) this would have to be revised to something more realistic.

I attended as an uninvited guest of The Excitement Tour. Very nice group of people, but certainly not track rats. I saw what could only be described as created lines, and I'd never been there before. The track surface is as bad as ever, although wicked fast.

This was my 3rd track day with the EB PP and the first time I experienced brake fade. 125 mph on the back straight was actually taking it a little easy.

The fuel gauge has not magically corrected itself overnight. We'll see what happens when I get the fuel level below a half tank.

I have another track day tomorrow at Waterford Hills with the Shelby America club. Maybe I'll rattle it lose. And yes, I bled the brakes this morning.

Sponsored

Mr981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost coupe
Nelson Ledges is limping along this year. There is talk of a whole season next year. I spoke to one of the track workers. He said the new owners have plenty of money and have big plans. I have not heard who these new owners are or if they've even taken possession of the track.
There are zoning issues to resolve and EPA issues to resolve. I hear the EPA wants all the tires removed from the track perimeter. That could cost millions. The track is currently zoned as rustic campground (?) this would have to be revised to something more realistic.

I attended as an uninvited guest of The Excitement Tour. Very nice group of people, but certainly not track rats. I saw what could only be described as created lines, and I'd never been there before. The track surface is as bad as ever, although wicked fast.

This was my 3rd track day with the EB PP and the first time I experienced brake fade. 125 mph on the back straight was actually taking it a little easy.

The fuel gauge has not magically corrected itself overnight. We'll see what happens when I get the fuel level below a half tank.

I have another track day tomorrow at Waterford Hills with the Shelby America club. Maybe I'll rattle it lose. And yes, I bled the brakes this morning.
Interesting.
The story I heard was that they fired the whole crew running the track and brought in family members to do what the previous mgnt had been doing.
The track needs a lot of repairs--4 years ago turn #2 (right hander) had the pavement breaking up on the outside of the turn and the braking area at the end of the straight had got so uneven that the ABS would pull the car all over the place. I thought it had gotten so unsafe that I had no interesting in returning.
I repaving job, new lavs and getting rid of the tirewalls would cost a fortune; I'm thinking the owners would have already done this if they had the money everyone thinks they have.
BTW, if you haven't done Pitt Race you're missing out on a good track and it's only another hour east on the Turnpike.

SDEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Convertible
"The fuel gauge has not magically corrected itself overnight. We'll see what happens when I get the fuel level below a half tank."

Just out of curiosity, what is the miles to empty reading in the digital gauge? Did it change when you filled up and does it appear normal based what you have seen in the past?
Sponsored