Insurance info

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Our car insurance with Geico went up 50%, I was in shock. Now, my son got into a car accident that was deemed fully his fault. Damage to both vehicles. I don’t know how much was due to the accident vs overall increase in rates, and the CS person couldn’t help me either. Said I had to write to corporate “complaint“ department.

I was wondering if it had to do with the car spying on me so I pulled the fuse for the modem. Although it didn’t go up in prior years, so unsure.
Sponsored

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
As a follow on, I’ve sent an information request to Lexis Nexis. Should be informative. Interesting that it mentions about a letter from your insurance company stating that you’ve been dropped, or that rates have shot up, with some indication why. You can then request the data collected as to how they‘ve made that decision

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
No doubt the majority of the increase is your son’s recent accident and his responsibility for it. The insurance company is positioning themselves for more to come from a young male driver under 25. Nothing you can do. If you shop around the accident will follow you like an abandoned dog.
Sponsored