UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT

We recently released our all new Pro Series Adjustable Toe Links for the 2015 Mustangs so I wanted to do a quick write up with installing them. Like last time, these were done on a lift at our location.

*** NOTES ***

* You can do this on jack stands without supporting the spindle. I would have a jack handy though as you may need it to lift up the spindle later on to insert the UPR Toe Link to the frame.
* No special tools are required but I would recommend a breaker bar to loose the nuts on the factory tie links.
* Recommend 2 people doing this

*** NOTES ***

First thing you want to do is place the vehicle safely on the lift or jack stands so its fully supported. You do not need anything under the spindle for this.

Removes both rear tires to allow more room

Below is the stock Toe Link still attached to the car. It is held in by 2 bolts. The front one (spindle) has a thread in nut so you only have to remove the bolt itself. The rear (frame) is a nut and bolt.

Start off by loosing the front bolt (you will need a breaker bar). Once you have broken it free, take it out about half way then leave it there. This will provide support the rear.

With the rear, use the socket and wrench to remove the bolt. This one you will remove all the way.

You can then remove the front bolt and take the toe link off completely.

Here it is completely removed. Their is nothing needed to brace the spindle.

Now... once the factory one is removed. You need to line up the UPR Adj toe link to the factory so they are 100% the same. This takes only a couple of minutes.

To give you an idea, the factory whole from center to center is 11" so the UPR toe link will be around this.

Once its set to the proper length you can install the front part of the rear. We attached the rear first to show how it will look.

BUT.........We recommend you insert the front (spindle) first. This is where you will need a flat head to help you align and center the wholes so the bolt can go through.

Once you have gotten the front end attached to the spindle, (this is where the 2nd person comes into play) have them push the spindle towards them and insert the heim joint into the body.

Once this is mounted, You can tighten the bolts mounting the link in place. After that, tighten the center nuts to lock the toe link adjustment.

Once everything is tight, go ahead and double check it again before you put the rear tires back on.

*** NOTES ***

* I recommend you have an alignment check after this install. You will be able to drive it but it does not hurt to check it out.
* These will not increase road noise at all. I could not hear a difference.

*** NOTES ***

Last Step............... ENJOY!!!

You can find them here on our website:
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-pro-series-adjustable-toe-link-15.html

or call us at 561-588-6630

Thanks and I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Sponsored