msalvoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt PP
Hello all,

Sorry if this has been posted already, tried looking for the info I needed without any luck.

I just installed the Eibach (Sportline) lowering springs and 20mm Hubcentric Spacers on my "17 GT with PP; right after that I aligned the car and the final results were this:

FRONT LEFT:
Camber: -1.9
Toe: -0.02

FRONT RIGHT:
Camber: -1.6
Toe: -0.01

REAR LEFT:
Toe: 0.07

REAR RIGHT:
Toe: 0.05

My concern is: Do I need to do something about any of this result? I am aware that since my car is no longer stock the "Stock set up" might not be needed or useful, but then again this is me assuming.

Thanks in advance.
I am actually planning to do the same exact thing. I am very excited. I take my car on fun twisty roads and I have been very impressed with how tight and well the stock pp handles. But of course I always want more... I am very excited. How has your experience been so far?

I literally plan to install the same springs and same spacers, just doing the research on the camber plates and probably going to grab those too while I am at it...
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Your alignment specs look pretty good to me. I would only get the camber plates if you want to match the -1.9 camber at the front.

If you like to corner neg camber will not wear out tires. Toe will.

Your toe numbers look good also.

I have OCD so I'd probably get the plates and match the front settings.

The crash bolts do work but they will slip long before camber plates will

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Im not sure what your point is and I am trying to understand. Are you saying that slippage can occur but its an easy fix? are camber bolts less or more likely to slip?
At only 65% of Ford's OE knuckle fastener torque spec, I wouldn't trust "camber bolts" to not slip. Ford specified 185 for a reason, and even the S197s got 166 ft*lb fasteners around half way through that model's production run. 125 ft*lb fasteners are what you'd use to cut corners repairing a car you were about to get rid of.

Never mind the potential for a shop tech doing this job for you just running his torque wrench setting all the way up to 185, calling it done, and leaving you with what's at best a pair of overstressed fasteners in very critical locations.

Norm

msalvoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt PP
At only 65% of Ford's OE knuckle fastener torque spec, I wouldn't trust "camber bolts" to not slip. Ford specified 185 for a reason, and even the S197s got 166 ft*lb fasteners around half way through that model's production run. 125 ft*lb fasteners are what you'd use to cut corners repairing a car you were about to get rid of.

Never mind the potential for a shop tech doing this job for you just running his torque wrench setting all the way up to 185, calling it done, and leaving you with what's at best a pair of overstressed fasteners in very critical locations.

Norm
OKay I understand what you are saying a bit more, SO what would you advise for someone who wanted to install the eibach sportline lowering kit?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'd put the springs on and then get an alignment check. You may or may not need camber plates.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Sportlines are typically among the springs with the greatest drop. I'd plan on using camber plates.

You may also want at least a bumpsteer correction kit, although that can more easily done later as a separate mod if need be.

Norm
Sponsored