Sponsored

Installed: DCT Motorsports wheel has arrive! TO HELL WITH CARBON DYNAMICS!!

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
So with all the bullshit shenanigans that Carbon Dynamics has done I thought I would be stuck with the stock wheel. Then I found DCT Motorsports and saw they offered the exact same wheel. (Turns out they both have their wheels built in Taiwan)

So, on August 25th I placed my order with them and mailed them my core. Today, 16 Sept, I received my new wheel and couldn't be happier. Not only did they keep in contact with me throughout the entire process, they drop shipped the wheel from Taiwan instead of having it mailed to them and then forwarding it to me. This saved time and here I am, three weeks later, with exactly what I ordered.

So, if you think CD is the only company who offers these wheels, think again! Feel free to look them up on Facebook and send them a message. Yes, they offer carbon fiber, different leather colors, and different stitching options. I went with leather top and bottom with suede sides and alternating color stitching.

Installed pics should be up tomorrow.
Wheel1.jpg
Wheel2.jpg
Wheel3.jpg
IMG_3300.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Sub's

That's purdy! Should be really nice once installed. How much?

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
$626 plus a core wheel once all said and done.

Starting price is $499 and goes up as you add options. Two tone leather and alternating stitching put me at $599 plus $27 for shipping.

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
$626 plus a core wheel once all said and done.

Starting price is $499 and goes up as you add options. Two tone leather and alternating stitching put me at $599 plus $27 for shipping.
Except for CD had carbon fiber wheels that cost way less so not sure this is an improvement. So far I haven't seen anything to make me want to upgrade my steering wheel.

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Except for CD had carbon fiber wheels that cost way less so not sure this is an improvement. So far I haven't seen anything to make me want to upgrade my steering wheel.

Except DCT also does carbon fiber on the wheels because they use the EXACT SAME BUILDER!

And the price isn't significantly different. And since it's my money it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks lol. I'll take the piece of mind of dealing with a company whose head isn't up their ass over saving a few bucks.

Sponsored

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
Except DCT also does carbon fiber on the wheels because they use the EXACT SAME BUILDER!

And the price isn't significantly different. And since it's my money it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks lol. I'll take the piece of mind of dealing with a company whose head isn't up their ass over saving a few bucks.
I get not supporting a company that has crappy customer service like CD. I also have no problem with your new wheel.

For me its too much money and I dont hate my wheel so much. I might actually consider a carbon fiber one if you could just buy it without having to send your wheel in. It's hard to drive your car into work without a steering wheel ;)

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Holy shit, that looks GREAT.

I had a two-tone wheel like that in my Z06 (black + yellow, from the OEM part) and it really made an impact, but this is even better since the wheel "structure" itself is also updated.

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I get not supporting a company that has crappy customer service like CD. I also have no problem with your new wheel.

For me its too much money and I dont hate my wheel so much. I might actually consider a carbon fiber one if you could just buy it without having to send your wheel in. It's hard to drive your car into work without a steering wheel ;)
Most folks did what I did and bought a used wheel from someone here on the forum and sent that in to be modified. Then sold their original wheel once the new one was in their hands.

Money is relative. I don't see the point in buying airbag suspension or GT350 parts, but that's just me. To each their own.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Where did you order this - can't get to Ford section on their website.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW