Install Sync Upgrade - MAC OWNERS

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Yes this may seem like a basic topic...but for those of us who have Mac computers and have been having trouble installing the upgrades...I figured out how to do it if you use a Mac...especially if you use Safari.

1. Download the files from Ford.

2. Open the file you just downloaded

3. Create a New folder with the title SyncMyRide

4. Double click each .cad file to allow you to re-name it. DO NOT RENAME the files that say install or autoinstall.

5. Highlight the parts that have the text SyncMyRide/ and delete it. - Do not delete any other part of the file name. You are getting rid of the file-path that has somehow worked its way into the name.

6. Drag the .cad files you just renamed into the folder SyncMyRide.

7. Install the files onto your USB drive as per the ford instructions and follow the rest of the instructions on the ford site.

Also, if you all look closely at the instructions ford gives you when you download the files, you will see a couple of pictures representing what you are supposed to do. If you look really closely at the third or fourth one...you will see what the file names are supposed to look like (or at least an example).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Jason
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Jason,

Can you throw up any screen images to help some MAC users along with the typed text in your original post?

Great info for sure - thanks!! (MAC user)

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Jason,

Can you throw up any screen images to help some MAC users along with the typed text in your original post?

Great info for sure - thanks!! (MAC user)
Like I did with the airbag clock spring replacement post...I did not take pictures (or screenshots in this case)...:doh:

However, like I said...Ford does seem to help in one small respect in that their screenshots of unzipping the file to drag it over to the thumb drive does give a clue as to how the files should be renamed...just zoom in on Safari (command +) and that should give you some idea.

Cheers