Indiana track racing for novice request

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Hi. I was thinking about getting into track racing against other street cars. I have street raced most of my life but now I really want a controlled race track environment against other street cars to quell my speed/competition addiction. I live in the Indianapolis area. I want to enjoy racing against others and make new friends who enjoy the same. Thank you for your help.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Hi. I was thinking about getting into track racing against other street cars. I have street raced most of my life but now I really want a controlled race track environment against other street cars to quell my speed/competition addiction. I live in the Indianapolis area. I want to enjoy racing against others and make new friends who enjoy the same. Thank you for your help.
Have you been to a track day / HPDE yet ? Or time trials ? I suggest you start with that, wheel to wheel competition is not something you do in your street car. You need safety equipment, license, medical depending which sanctioning body you're competing with. I seriously hope you do not thing you take your daily driver car to race wheel to wheel....

Indy SCCA has track day/Time Trial at Putnam soon - if you have never done it, start with that.