Sponsored

Improved parts…

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
regarding my 2023 GT, thanks to this site and some ‘poking around’, I have learned of parts on my vehicle that can be replaced with improved parts for the sake of longevity…the replacements may offer improved performance as well, but my reason for upgrading them is primarily to have better, stronger, longer-lasting parts… such as braided clutch fluid line and rubber return line to replace the OEM lines, a one-piece aluminum manual shifter reverse lockout release to replace the two piece glued plastic one, the lighter aftermarket clutch spring (the kit’s included perch is improved), most recently I learned that the plastic hood release handle can break under stress and ordered an aluminum replacement … are there any other parts that could better serve me by being upgraded? [I am not looking for performance upgrades, just longevity upgrades] … I thank you for your responses.
Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
If longevity is your objective rather than performance, definitely change out that 5.0L coyote engine for a 1.8L 4 cylinder engine found in the 2003 Toyota Corolla.

That bad boy will outlive you. 😁

OP
OP
Bullittproof

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
“there’s no substitute for cubic inches” as the old saying goes…

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
regarding my 2023 GT, thanks to this site and some ‘poking around’, I have learned of parts on my vehicle that can be replaced with improved parts for the sake of longevity…the replacements may offer improved performance as well, but my reason for upgrading them is primarily to have better, stronger, longer-lasting parts… such as braided clutch fluid line and rubber return line to replace the OEM lines, a one-piece aluminum manual shifter reverse lockout release to replace the two piece glued plastic one, the lighter aftermarket clutch spring (the kit’s included perch is improved), most recently I learned that the plastic hood release handle can break under stress and ordered an aluminum replacement … are there any other parts that could better serve me by being upgraded? [I am not looking for performance upgrades, just longevity upgrades] … I thank you for your responses.
Glad to see someone enjoying their ride enough to want to embellish it. Run safe. Have fun!

OP
OP
Bullittproof

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thank you, slow and loud is how I enjoy it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullittproof

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
one add-on (not replacement) that I did is spot mirrors from NxTGEN, I really do not feel comfortable relying on the sensors, in my experience the incoming vehicle is already in the danger zone when the led lights in the side mirror, spot mirrors are more reliable and as long as you can see an image in them ‘they are working’, I wish the spot mirrors were still offered by the factory.
Sponsored