Illinois-Chicago

Black

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hash
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT
Did a couple burnouts to break in the tires, no wheel hop at all which surprised me, maybe because there's not enough grip yet. Got to say I am really happy with how they look, wider tires pushed the tires out and filled the wheel wells properly. Wheels and tires make the car!
How do you like the tires? I had them installed last friday and tbh I felt a little float at high speeds...
Sponsored

Black

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hash
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT
Hopefully some of you hear this beast blasting around the west 'burbs! Hot damn I love how it sounds now:

That is deep. I like how it doesn't get raspy at higher rpms

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
So far I like the way they look but haven't had much time on them to give a good evaluation. I'm going to put 300 highway miles on Friday afternoon so I'll report back. As far as street driving, pot holes and bumps are much more noticeable and response is much better. The little bit of time I have had seems like I hear them more but that could just be the larger size.
As far as suspension upgrades I am constantly debating installing the BMR springs but just don't want to lose the ground clearance as I drive this thing in the snow sometimes and steep driveways would worry me. So I just don't want to lose the daily driver abilities to gain a little bit of stuff we which would be great on the highway I'm sure.
Decisions, descisions.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So far I like the way they look but haven't had much time on them to give a good evaluation. I'm going to put 300 highway miles on Friday afternoon so I'll report back. As far as street driving, pot holes and bumps are much more noticeable and response is much better. The little bit of time I have had seems like I hear them more but that could just be the larger size.
As far as suspension upgrades I am constantly debating installing the BMR springs but just don't want to lose the ground clearance as I drive this thing in the snow sometimes and steep driveways would worry me. So I just don't want to lose the daily driver abilities to gain a little bit of stuff we which would be great on the highway I'm sure.
Decisions, descisions.
TBH even the PP springs and dampers is a solid upgrade over the base stuff, and you won't lose ground clearance. I actually have a full set of the springs and NIB front struts if you want them for cheap. Just have to get the rear shocks and I'd highly, highly recommend the Steeda billet mounts for them.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the advice Bmac. i may be interested in the PP stuff but not sure it's in the budget yet, would need to see what someone would charge for spring install.
Would just doing the PP springs make a difference on the floaty feel on highway or do you need to do dampers and struts too?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the advice Bmac. i may be interested in the PP stuff but not sure it's in the budget yet, would need to see what someone would charge for spring install.
Would just doing the PP springs make a difference on the floaty feel on highway or do you need to do dampers and struts too?
A lot of that is dampers. The PP ones are still a little floaty but a lot better. Grabbing the Steeda fixed-valve dampers or the coming Koni STR.T (orange) would be great choices too. The rear billet shock mounts really help a lot of the bouncy/floaty feeling too. I would not do the springs alone with your current dampers. A shop would probably charge ~$400-500 to do the install. It's not a bad one to do with a friend, though. I did mine in about 6 hrs with a good friend. [MENTION=11910]Renner[/MENTION] would charge similar or less.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
A lot of that is dampers. The PP ones are still a little floaty but a lot better. Grabbing the Steeda fixed-valve dampers or the coming Koni STR.T (orange) would be great choices too. The rear billet shock mounts really help a lot of the bouncy/floaty feeling too. I would not do the springs alone with your current dampers. A shop would probably charge ~$400-500 to do the install. It's not a bad one to do with a friend, though. I did mine in about 6 hrs with a good friend. [MENTION=11910]Renner[/MENTION] would charge similar or less.
Oh I am MUCH less than $500 that's for sure ;)

Hit me up if you guys want labor rates...

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the info Bmac, you really know your stuff! I'll probably wait to do suspension until I have the money to do it right.
And Renner, you will definitely be my new goto for work on my car, great rates!
I wish I could take it to you for this door handle recall notice I just got in the mail, dreading taking my car to the dealership.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the info Bmac, you really know your stuff! I'll probably wait to do suspension until I have the money to do it right.
And Renner, you will definitely be my new goto for work on my car, great rates!
I wish I could take it to you for this door handle recall notice I just got in the mail, dreading taking my car to the dealership.
Suspension is kind of my background, as well as powertrain. PM me when you're ready to transform the car into whatever you want. It doesn't take as much as you'd think.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suspension is kind of my background, as well as powertrain. PM me when you're ready to transform the car into whatever you want. It doesn't take as much as you'd think.
^ guy knows his stuff

Sponsored

Black

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hash
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT
Recent Mods:

Project 6GR wheels Gloss Black 20x10.5/20x11
Nitto G2s 275/35/20-305/35/20
Steeda Wing
Black Roof
Diode Dynamics stuff
:cheers:
Capture.JPG

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So ordered corsa sport cat back and roush rear valence for quad tips. Anyone know a shop that could put the valence on ? Have to drop bumper it says and shit

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So ordered corsa sport cat back and roush rear valence for quad tips. Anyone know a shop that could put the valence on ? Have to drop bumper it says and shit
I wouldn't hesitate to take anything to P & L Motorsports in Lisle.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)