Sponsored

Ikon RTR style rear diffuser

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
Anybody have any more pictures/reviews of the diffuser? I'm seriously debating this vs the RTR one.

djoxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT Premium PP
Anybody have any more pictures/reviews of the diffuser? I'm seriously debating this vs the RTR one.
If you want to save money, go the Ikon route. If you think a piece of plastic with fins is worth $400 then go the RTR route. That's how I made my decision, I think an item like this is worth $150-$200 max and that's where the Ikon piece is priced. If either of these were actually functional diffusers then it would be a completely different story but at this point this is a visual upgrade only.

I can provide some other photos for you if you want but I can say that I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the Ikon diffuser. It felt similar to something OEM and not something cheap from China. Installation was a breeze once you get past all those stupid body-colored clips. The RTR comes with some instructions but I'm not sure if those included instructions are worth $200 when you can just download them online.

The Ikon diffuser also comes with some additional aero parts that sit behind the rear tire that I think look good on the PP.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you want to save money, go the Ikon route. If you think a piece of plastic with fins is worth $400 then go the RTR route. That's how I made my decision, I think an item like this is worth $150-$200 max and that's where the Ikon piece is priced. If either of these were actually functional diffusers then it would be a completely different story but at this point this is a visual upgrade only.

I can provide some other photos for you if you want but I can say that I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the Ikon diffuser. It felt similar to something OEM and not something cheap from China. Installation was a breeze once you get past all those stupid body-colored clips. The RTR comes with some instructions but I'm not sure if those included instructions are worth $200 when you can just download them online.

The Ikon diffuser also comes with some additional aero parts that sit behind the rear tire that I think look good on the PP.
Thank you! I'd love to see some more photos if possible. I think I'm going to go ahead and order it. I agree, $400 for this piece is steep.

5PointSlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
If anyone orders this and doesn't want the 2 side fins, PM me, I'll buy them off you

Sponsored

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anyone orders this and doesn't want the 2 side fins, PM me, I'll buy them off you
If I order it, I'll let you know, since I don't plan on keeping the fins.

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
Considering picking up this kit and modifying it to work on my base bumper. I have a couple of ideas on how to mount it. Anyone else give it a go yet?

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my Ikon diffuser installed today in 2 hours using a jack and jack-stands.

I'll get pictures later this week once the car's cleaned up, but it looks great and the fit is spot-on. Definitely worth the $200, in my opinion. Honestly, there's no reason to get the RTR version for double the price when this one looks and fits just as good.

Definitely have a beer or two handy, you'll need it. Oh, and a 7mm nut driver is mandatory for the reverse light screws and one of the screws hidden behind the fender lining. Otherwise this install would have been near impossible.

Last edited:

salars412

StangSal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Roush RS - Guard - 051A
Considering picking up this kit and modifying it to work on my base bumper. I have a couple of ideas on how to mount it. Anyone else give it a go yet?
Same, I am considering doing it for my base. After the whole MMD fitment failure I think there might be a way to hook this up with a base, especially if it uses all four mounting points from underneath the OEM bumper. But I am waiting if anyone else takes the lead and see how it ends up

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed this a few weeks ago.

Fitment is spot-on. Looks fantastic. Really impressed with the quality of this piece. For $200 I'd say it's 100% worth it. Was going to get the RTR version, but I don't see a point when this is virtually perfect in terms of fit and finish.

I didn't install the side pieces that came with it, because I plan on getting something different.
FRDeck.jpg

Sponsored

z3ro_011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mikee
Vehicle(s)
SS50 3.7l DOHC V6 2016
I just recently bought a similar style diffuser but for base model mustang. Tbh I dont know how to install it xD. When I received the package it has an instruction but it was telling me to put double side tape on those tab with screws. I tried putting it on the car and it fit fine but I dont think just putting double sided tape would do it. Needless to say I payed 150 for it and i dont want it just to fly off the freeway lol
Screenshot_20180913-145753_eBay.jpg

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I'm going conversion to premium bumper route. I already got a real premium bumper from ebay delivered for $310. Not the same color as my car, but it will just get painted. BTW, there are still other real premium bumpers on the bay for around that price...or go the Ikon route for premium bumper (I just figure for less than $50 more I could have a real premium bumper cover); no valence, but you can get real valences for $137 delivered. I'll post links since I've done the work to figure out the best way, at least for me, to change the base's plain ass.
Valence
https://www.ebay.com/itm/15-16-17-Mustang-Rear-Bumper-Lower-Spoiler-Valance-Air-Dam-Deflector-Apron-Panel/202152062166?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
From the same seller I bought my bumper cover from, same color I got too, $10 more
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2017-...116121&hash=item363859adeb:g:rXEAAOSw39VbZL7E
Ikon Premium Bumper cover
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-15-17-Mustang-Rear-Premium-Trim-Bumper-Direct-Replacement-OE-Material-PP/282505234752?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Ikon diffuser for premium only
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-15-17-Mustang-R-Spec-Rear-Diffuser-Valance-Panel-3-Piece-Set-for-PREMIUM/371881467289?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Pictures will come in a few weeks after paint and install (I'm waiting for the valence and Ikon diffuser to come).

z3ro_011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mikee
Vehicle(s)
SS50 3.7l DOHC V6 2016
I'm going conversion to premium bumper route. I already got a real premium bumper from ebay delivered for $310. Not the same color as my car, but it will just get painted. BTW, there are still other real premium bumpers on the bay for around that price...or go the Ikon route for premium bumper (I just figure for less than $50 more I could have a real premium bumper cover); no valence, but you can get real valences for $137 delivered. I'll post links since I've done the work to figure out the best way, at least for me, to change the base's plain ass.
Valence
https://www.ebay.com/itm/15-16-17-Mustang-Rear-Bumper-Lower-Spoiler-Valance-Air-Dam-Deflector-Apron-Panel/202152062166?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
From the same seller I bought my bumper cover from, same color I got too, $10 more
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2017-...116121&hash=item363859adeb:g:rXEAAOSw39VbZL7E
Ikon Premium Bumper cover
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-15-17-Mustang-Rear-Premium-Trim-Bumper-Direct-Replacement-OE-Material-PP/282505234752?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Ikon diffuser for premium only
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-15-17-Mustang-R-Spec-Rear-Diffuser-Valance-Panel-3-Piece-Set-for-PREMIUM/371881467289?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Pictures will come in a few weeks after paint and install (I'm waiting for the valence and Ikon diffuser to come).
thanks for the info, I forgot to mention that I did fabricate my base bumper already to the point that I cut the exaust opening to fit a quad tip setup. Also, I'm trying to keep the cost down by keeping stock parts to used which why I did fabricate my quad tip setup instead of going to a premium bumper swap and get those quad exaust valance that roush offers

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Just wanted to let you all know, the seller on ebay that I bought the premium bumper cover from knows what they are doing. After unwrapping the black plastic outer and tons of bubble wrap, they had placed planks of wood length wise and vertically to support the cover for rigidity so it wouldn't fold up on itself. IMHO a very necessary and great thing for them to do. The painter asked me how much I paid for it, told him, he said you got a steal there, it should've cost you at least $150 to $200 more. Painter had to order some stuff to get the mix right, I'm hoping to have it all back on by next week (he has all the parts while I still drive my DD, when he's got it all painted and ready to go on, I'll bring the car in for him to put it on...pics will come).

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Just got the stuff put on today. Premium bumper cover from ebay, valence from ebay, and Ikon RTR style diffuser. Quick two pics, sorry, I'll get better but there's a Hurricane not too far so it's making the lighting really bad
Sponsored