Sponsored

If you've got a 2018+ with borla atak, whcih headers did you use that didnt require welding?

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I have an 18 gt with a borla atak catback and I don't really want to get my headers welded up to the mid pipe...but I don't know which headers are direct fit. I would really prefer not having to get a set welded in.

Thanks gents
Sponsored

brent_G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT-A10-pp1-ruby red
Using stainless power, off road x. All bolt on with no issues. It's a modular setup with stainless power/works. Can swap cats on and off as well. Also can swap in the borla 60661 resonator if it is too loud with headers. ( it replaces the x pipe that comes with the cat back exhaust.)

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Headers. With the atak is will be this. All the time:

brent_G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
20211219_144742.jpg

I ordered the 60661 resonator and it comes tomorrow. Today I took off the x pipe. Here's how it connects with the headers it slips on with the reducers. The resonator is already reduced down on Inlet side and 3 inch in the outlet side which connects to the rest of the borla exhaust. My car is stainless power 1 7/8 headers with 3" collector.

Sponsored

brent_G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
20211219_151735.jpg

And this is where the reducers connect to. Hope this helps make sense of it all

Xander33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Using stainless power, off road x. All bolt on with no issues. It's a modular setup with stainless power/works. Can swap cats on and off as well. Also can swap in the borla 60661 resonator if it is too loud with headers. ( it replaces the x pipe that comes with the cat back exhaust.)
Same with the ARH units on my 19. Running the Borla Atak as well

DaymienS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daymien
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
20211219_144742.jpg

I ordered the 60661 resonator and it comes tomorrow. Today I took off the x pipe. Here's how it connects with the headers it slips on with the reducers. The resonator is already reduced down on Inlet side and 3 inch in the outlet side which connects to the rest of the borla exhaust. My car is stainless power 1 7/8 headers with 3" collector.
Ik this is old but in other words with stainless power headers and borla atak its pretty much bolt on and no welds or additional modifications needed?

brent_G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Ik this is old but in other words with stainless power headers and borla atak its pretty much bolt on and no welds or additional modifications needed?
Correct. It's all a bolt on from exhaust ports to the quad tips

DaymienS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daymien
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Correct. It's all a bolt on from exhaust ports to the quad tips
Thanks so much man actually just got off the phone w american muscle and they told me the borla atak comes with 2.5” adaptors that will fit the stainless power headers since they bolt directly to the factory exhaust which is also 2.5”. Was about to order them then thought shit are these compatible? Lol cant wait to get em in though

Sponsored

brent_G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Thanks so much man actually just got off the phone w american muscle and they told me the borla atak comes with 2.5” adaptors that will fit the stainless power headers since they bolt directly to the factory exhaust which is also 2.5”. Was about to order them then thought shit are these compatible? Lol cant wait to get em in though
My picture shows the adaptors. (the short sleeves) they call that factory connect. Then you can run it with 3 inch. Just remove them. And it's then called performance connect. You can run 3" from headers back or 2.5 stepped up to 3" like you're saying.
Hope this helps

DaymienS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daymien
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
My picture shows the adaptors. (the short sleeves) they call that factory connect. Then you can run it with 3 inch. Just remove them. And it's then called performance connect. You can run 3" from headers back or 2.5 stepped up to 3" like you're saying.
Hope this helps
Definitely helps man. I didnt know the borla ataks came with the 2.5” adaptors. Since the stainless power catted drop from 3” to 2.5” from connection pipes. But yes i get what you are saying, with the borla you can run either 2.5” or 3” depending on the set of headers you go with! You still have your borla and stainless power setup?!

brent_G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Definitely helps man. I didnt know the borla ataks came with the 2.5” adaptors. Since the stainless power catted drop from 3” to 2.5” from connection pipes. But yes i get what you are saying, with the borla you can run either 2.5” or 3” depending on the set of headers you go with! You still have your borla and stainless power setup?!
Yes and it's insanely loud. But I like it. I have the resonator too. I ran that a while back but it's off now and running a full 3" without cats.

DaymienS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daymien
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Yes and it's insanely loud. But I like it. I have the resonator too. I ran that a while back but it's off now and running a full 3" without cats.
Yep ik its gonna be STUPID loud but i have the active exhaust so hopefully the quiet mode w headers and borla is just a lil louder than stock track mode😂😂😂 we’ll see im not here to please my neighbors

DaymienS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daymien
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
You have any vids of your borla atak with SP headers catted??? Or only non catted?
Sponsored