Idle problems!! Help

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401a package
So for the past year i been dealing with my car having a weird occasional idle problem, enhanced sometimes by the A/C. Im at 43k miles currently.
I have a Corsa Intake that requires no tune, its been good until this problem started to happen. Rpms would go from 600rpm and drop to 500rpm then the car would shake and come back up after 1/3 seconds. As time progressed it would get constant almost everyday. The weird part is it only happens after work on my way home or on the weekends when i drive the car a lot.

I decided i was going to go back to stock. I changed it and also wiped the throttle body, gave it a quick clean, i did not use anything besides a paper towel. I did slightly open the flap to get on the backside. After that i made sure everything was plugged in and turned it on. It was idling fine no codes etc, i had my dad take the car to work its about 30 mins there and back so a total of an hour or run time, he said it ran great. I turned the car on today in the morning with remote start, let the car warm up and headed to work it was working fine then, on my way to work i saw the car have a rough idle then a check engine light came on, i checked the ford app and i got no service alerts. I removed the battery for a KAM reset after looking it up, removed the negative terminal and that made the car send the alerts to my phone i got two "alerts"
- The engine control system has reached its adaptive fuel control system limits for an overly rich system"
- The powertrain control system has detected that it is unable to fully open or close the upper active grille shutters"

After connecting the battery back and turning on the car, it immediately hesitated, the cars rpms started to go up all the way to 1.5/1.7 rpm which has never happened before. After a couple of mins it went back down it was at 700 rpms and stayed at 700 rpms with the A/C on. I sat in the car for
30 mins, i did not drive the car within those 30 mins. The check engine light is still on currently, i am at work. After work im going to the auto parts to scan the codes.

Does anyone have an idea whats going on?
Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My guess would be to check the plugs. My car was doing some odd idle things randomly and not even throwing codes and I ended up having a bad cyld. 2 plug.