Sponsored

I was pulling my fuel line...

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
From under the car and this happened... It water-hosed on me in the back seat area:frusty::frusty: What are the chances the Teflon is creased or damaged? Should I just get a new line?
5EB0C48F-F20B-41B5-B2ED-F54FAB2FAE0B.jpeg
Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
To be prudent, yes buy a new line.

OP
OP
MikeyPee

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Thanks for the replies fellas. I appreciate it!

Sponsored

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
Thanks for the replies fellas. I appreciate it!
Just to reinforce the buy a new line... I let this slide on my race truck years ago, yea - ended up leaking shortly afterwards. :shrug:

OP
OP
MikeyPee

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Just ordered a new roll of line, so my fuck-up cost me $75. Fore says the Teflon line is probably okay, but I don’t care for probably or maybe. Had a long conversation, in general, about theabout the install, and if you’re wondering why Fore is so expensive, don’t. Their customer service is TOP NOTCH

OP
OP
MikeyPee

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Just to reinforce the buy a new line... I let this slide on my race truck years ago, yea - ended up leaking shortly afterwards. :shrug:
Another vote for a new line... Thanks killer

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Just ordered a new roll of line, so my fuck-up cost me $75. Fore says the Teflon line is probably okay, but I don’t care for probably or maybe. Had a long conversation, in general, about theabout the install, and if you’re wondering why Fore is so expensive, don’t. Their customer service is TOP NOTCH
Did you get the line from FORE? Do you know what brand it is? Is the PTFE core in the center white or black?

OP
OP
MikeyPee

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Did you get the line from FORE? Do you know what brand it is? Is the PTFE core in the center white or black?
From Fore... White...

Sponsored

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
So how did you end up doing that? Pulled too hard in one spot? I just got my dual pump level 4 setup.

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Man I might have to test out Fore customer support too. I'm not 100% certain I understand exactly how the lvl2 dual pump system fits together. The individual instructions for each component seem good, but the overall guidance for the whole system is lacking. I guess there are just a bunch of different ways this system could be setup depending on what was ordered at which level and so on.

OP
OP
MikeyPee

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
So how did you end up doing that? Pulled too hard in one spot? I just got my dual pump level 4 setup.
I should have rolled the line out, when I unboxed the kit, to the allow the line to relax. I tried pulling it from under the car with it still sorta coiled-up. I recommend getting someone to help feed the line from the backseat.

OP
OP
MikeyPee

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Man I might have to test out Fore customer support too. I'm not 100% certain I understand exactly how the lvl2 dual pump system fits together. The individual instructions for each component seem good, but the overall guidance for the whole system is lacking. I guess there are just a bunch of different ways this system could be setup depending on what was ordered at which level and so on.
Agreed... The kit didn't come with step-by-step directions, just a bunch of manuals. This thread has been very helpful: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50925

Would be nice to know where they source their line from because fuel safe PTFE line should have black core.
I thought all Teflon lines were white :shrug:
Sponsored