OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
don't feel too bad. Ibought NOK at just over 6, and BB at 23. they're at 4.5 and 12 respectively now. GME I got at 293, it is under 100.

but my sundial is picking up, got it at .90, it's at 1.30 right now.
a lot of it is also misinformation. I just looked up sundial growers and on the same page of info was ... why sundial is spiking at 48%...... its not its at 24%. right NeXT to it is another one saying why sundial is crashing... then there's another one saying buy in sundial now while its rallying.... and its not.... I guess hedge funds just have whole departments dedicated to pumping out fake confusing info 24/7

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I bought ENZC. They announced last Monday that they believe they have discovered a cure for AIDS using covid 19 research. It’s a penny stock so it’s very risky. I only threw a little money at it. Pretty
Much what I would be ok losing. But on the other hand you’re investing in a good cause it they make it thru the trials.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
You're doing it wrong. Buy and hold index ETF's. S&P 500, Dow, and NASDAQ 100 should be sufficient. Symbols SPY, DIA, QQQ.

That's all there is to it, and it works.

Reactions: XS

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
2 ways to think about stock: gambling and business ownership. I was a CFP, broker, etc for most of my adult life. Those with the gambling attitude usually did poorly unless they got "lucky". When I put portfolios together I always cringed when one of the stocks blew through the roof because that often converted investors to gamblers.
No one knows what a stock will do in the short term. Covid, World Trade Center, Elections, Wars, etc, are short term impacts. But, consistent earnings and some of those earnings paid in CASH as dividends were and still are the best indicators. The mistakes are usually: buy a bad company or pay too much for a good company.
As the moto goes: "bulls and bears are rewarded but pigs go to the slaughterhouse"

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Unless someone goes long and uses covered calls to make the premium, options are seriously a fools business.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
You're doing it wrong. Buy and hold index ETF's. S&P 500, Dow, and NASDAQ 100 should be sufficient. Symbols SPY, DIA, QQQ.

That's all there is to it, and it works.
has worked :)

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
😴😴😴...boring

Nah man, gotta drop into moonshots and IPO's. Or options, that's where the real money is made. Gotta pay to play, and roll a few punches along the way.

giphy.gif
10% risk is more than safe.

No risk it no biscuit.

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Have a dad who's golfing buddy is retiring from the firm. That's how most people do it.
Actually most are simply accredited investors. Private equity and debt have the same requirements.

Also, boring investing turns thousands into millions. It takes time, but it works.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I second that. I love the chase of stocks, but funds are where I make the real money. Some person out there will scoff at my returns and flaunt their triple digit gains on something like Alibaba or Tesla, but they're never going to maintain that over the long run. It really is a tortoise and hare sort of thing. Would you rather make 180% once on a lucky break individual stock or 30% annually in ETFs? Imo it's not hard to stay on top of the top performing industries, just buy funds there and sell if week over week they plateau or decline inversely relative to the markets.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
30% annually on etfs isn't reality either. In investing terms we call that "recency" or "recency bias" which is what often causes decisions that aren't based on historical fact.

The last time this occurred in a dramatic way was the introduction of internet stocks in the late 90s. I sold the big ones back in the early 90s AOL, INTC, etc. They made huge gains but several clients refused to sell when PEGYs went through the roof. In fact the return on the NASDAQ in 1999 (the peak year) was 85%. It took the index over 15 years to beat the high in 2000.

Like today, it was only a very small group that caused the market too explode. And nearly all the big movers then are either give or piddly performers with the exception of MSFT.

30% per year with an average return if 10% over the last 100 years means.....

BTW, do you know how many publicly traded U.S. car companies there were in 1920? You have Google, look it up. How many today that didn't go bankrupt?

All new technologies need time to sort out the winners and losers. In the meantime people still need to eat, buy gasoline, heat their house, etc.

In 2020, most stocks had a negative return in the major indexes. It was, just like 1999, a select few that pulled the entire index up.

Yes, buy stock with money that can be left for at least 5 years minimum. Maybe 7 now. Be diversified. Avoid the latest stuff.

If you want to gamble go to Vegas.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I was going to buy XOM as it was recommended recently and I'm glad I didn't. It has been falling off the last week or so and down over 2% today because of some class action lawsuit.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I was going to buy XOM as it was recommended recently and I'm glad I didn't. It has been falling off the last week or so and down over 2% today because of some class action lawsuit.
Almost every single company has had a class action lawsuit against it. It was one of the things that George Bush ran on in 2000. Shareholders get almost nothing the attorneys get everything and the company has to deal with hassles and little piranhas nipping at their heels. However it affects total return of the stock because it reduces earnings. Another moronic thing that's allowed in the US but are not allowed in most other developed countries.

Like an alcoholic would say just give me another drink, Congress says let's print some more currency and everything will be happy. Student loan bailout? sure. Transgender operations in prisons paid by tax dollars, sure. Pay any woman throughout the world to have an abortion with tax dollars, sure build a wall to keep out American citizens from coming your congress, sure.

Using logic, facts, common sense, historical behavior of human beings, how dare you?
Sponsored