I want to know everything about the Airlift 3P suspension Kit

NathanSean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I am weeks away from buying an Airlift 3P kit for my 2017 Mustang GT and I want to know everything about everything. My biggest concern is alignment settings. I am currently running Eibach sportline lowering springs with BMR Upper Control Arms and BMR adjustable toe links. I have about a -0.1 camber and 0.0 toe. My concern is will these new upper control arms work with airlift due to the airing out and rising higher than normal occasionally. Is there anybody that has personal experience with the airlift kit on an s550 mustang and has any advice? Anything is more than welcome, I just want to make sure I am making a good purchase.

P.S. I do not track or drag the car, just the occasional pull on the highway.
Sponsored

Airborne5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am weeks away from buying an Airlift 3P kit for my 2017 Mustang GT and I want to know everything about everything. My biggest concern is alignment settings. I am currently running Eibach sportline lowering springs with BMR Upper Control Arms and BMR adjustable toe links. I have about a -0.1 camber and 0.0 toe. My concern is will these new upper control arms work with airlift due to the airing out and rising higher than normal occasionally. Is there anybody that has personal experience with the airlift kit on an s550 mustang and has any advice? Anything is more than welcome, I just want to make sure I am making a good purchase.

P.S. I do not track or drag the car, just the occasional pull on the highway.
Better start doing some research then!

OP
OP
NathanSean

NathanSean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Better start doing some research then!
I know everything I need to know about the kit, fitment, etc., but I would like to hear some first hand experience with ride quality, possible issues, and things to watch for. There is little first hand experience out there when it comes to alignment and possible upgrades to help the fitment (Upgraded upper control arms, etc.).

Switch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I've had my setup on my 18 GT PP1 for about a year now, but I don't daily drive the car. Here are couple of things I wished I would have known ahead of time before I got ready to install:

1. Ride quality is great and the car feel like glue on the roads. My only complaint is with the recommended settings on the shocks the car can feel a little bouncy some times, noticeable but not bad. This might be able to be tuned out through the shock settings. I have just never messed with it yet.
2. Rear sway bar links - If you follow the instructions in the kit it says to flip them then reinstall so they clear the bags. If you watch a bunch of the install videos on youtube it shows them being reinstalled in their normal orientation. I had to reach out to the forum hear to see which way is correct. Mine are installed as per the directions from airlift and work fine.
3. Tire size - I was so excited to get my car back together I accidentally put one of my 275 rear tires on the front and when I pulled it from the driveway into the garage it had a slight rub on the front upper strut. No harm done and it was easily fixed by placing my 255 back up front where it belongs. If you are running larger than stock tires id pay close attention before driving it.
4. Compressor Noise - I run a single compressor and its mounted in the spare tire well. The stock mounts it comes with will not isolate it enough for noise reduction. It is extremely loud. Spend some extra cash and buy spring loaded anti vibration mounts from one of the air ride sites. This helps. Also buy some dynomat or some of the knock off stuff on amazon. Trust me you will want to insulate your truck. I have a ton in mine and it still drives me nuts, but its a lot better than it was.
5. Alignment - I don't have any aftermarket suspension parts other than air ride, but when I went to have the car aligned there were no issues and they actually said they couln't beleve how much it stayed ins spec no matter what height we checked it at.

Overall very happy with it and the look of the car at shows is awesome!

OP
OP
NathanSean

NathanSean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I've had my setup on my 18 GT PP1 for about a year now, but I don't daily drive the car. Here are couple of things I wished I would have known ahead of time before I got ready to install:

1. Ride quality is great and the car feel like glue on the roads. My only complaint is with the recommended settings on the shocks the car can feel a little bouncy some times, noticeable but not bad. This might be able to be tuned out through the shock settings. I have just never messed with it yet.
2. Rear sway bar links - If you follow the instructions in the kit it says to flip them then reinstall so they clear the bags. If you watch a bunch of the install videos on youtube it shows them being reinstalled in their normal orientation. I had to reach out to the forum hear to see which way is correct. Mine are installed as per the directions from airlift and work fine.
3. Tire size - I was so excited to get my car back together I accidentally put one of my 275 rear tires on the front and when I pulled it from the driveway into the garage it had a slight rub on the front upper strut. No harm done and it was easily fixed by placing my 255 back up front where it belongs. If you are running larger than stock tires id pay close attention before driving it.
4. Compressor Noise - I run a single compressor and its mounted in the spare tire well. The stock mounts it comes with will not isolate it enough for noise reduction. It is extremely loud. Spend some extra cash and buy spring loaded anti vibration mounts from one of the air ride sites. This helps. Also buy some dynomat or some of the knock off stuff on amazon. Trust me you will want to insulate your truck. I have a ton in mine and it still drives me nuts, but its a lot better than it was.
5. Alignment - I don't have any aftermarket suspension parts other than air ride, but when I went to have the car aligned there were no issues and they actually said they couln't beleve how much it stayed ins spec no matter what height we checked it at.

Overall very happy with it and the look of the car at shows is awesome!
Dude thank you for the in depth details. I appreciate it to the max. Do you have any pictures of your car? I would love to see what it looks like aired out. Yes I have seen plenty of them over the internet but it seems like everybody’s looks a little different depending on wheel setup, camber, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NathanSean

NathanSean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Here are a couple pics of my setup. Struts setup to airlift out of the box specs.
61153467_2544234298960268_5391857602156036096_o.jpg
66789772_2642596225790741_7985903190493102080_o (2).jpg
72034414_2804791339571228_5873416361950052352_o.jpg
Dude I like the tucking, it looks good brother. If you don't mind me asking whats the alignment numbers if you know? I DD my car so I'm trying to stay within -1.0 and -1.5.
Sponsored