Sponsored

I messed up. Broke my taillight.

bluehorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT PP
Hey all,

I tried searching and didn't find much. I have a hunch what the only route to fixing my problem is but thought I'd check here first.

I was loading something heavy into the trunk today and miscalculated and hit the bottom inside corner of the passenger tail light trim (the glossy black part). The whole corner just chipped away like it was old brittle plastic. Any idea if I can just replace the black trim or am I stuck buying a whole new tail light?

Thanks for the help in advance. Also sorry if this is in the wrong section.
Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/lamp-assy-rear-7825269-1#sectionId:4188381

13404, bottom corner? From this it looks like one piece. I'm not sure if it's separable. I know there are some guys who have replaced their tails with the jet-engine GT lights so they might have them available for sale.

Ones directly from Ford are expensive. Did it come off in one piece? Might just try some crazy glue, though line the top edges with some good tape so that the glue doesn't get on the outside, probably won't notice it.

Quick Ebay search, looking at 130+. /shrug

OP
OP
bluehorse

bluehorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT PP
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/lamp-assy-6481927-1#sectionId:4188381

13404, bottom corner? From this it looks like one piece. I'm not sure if it's separable. I know there are some guys who have replaced their tails with the jet-engine GT lights so they might have them available for sale.

Ones directly from Ford are expensive. Did it come off in one piece? Might just try some crazy glue, though line the top edges with some good tape so that the glue doesn't get on the outside, probably won't notice it.
It broke in several small pieces, some of which I couldnt find :/ I'll keep an eye out for used tails.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
One of our forum vendors sells pre-painted overlays for the tail lights surround and center panel for people who want to have those body color. May be concerns about the thickness if just replacing one but might be worth a look.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
eBay and the classifieds here are your best bet... don’t buy from Ford unless you want to shell out in excess of $600+++.... and LKQ is a good source, but again upwards of $400 for a used one.

I don’t think the plastic is separable or replaceable.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
There are a ton of used tailights for sale on eBay if you need to replace the whole unit.
Sponsored