glpage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2000 Mustang GT
Hi y'all,

I have a 2018 GT with the base suspension. I have been reading posts here and researching possible suspension upgrades. I want to tighten up the handling, but the car is primarily a street machine. I live in central Texas so the roads are in fairly good condition, so a firm set up is no big deal.

For reference, I have a 2000 GT that has been modded for track use, it has:
  • Maximum Motorsports K-frame and tubular control arms with Delrin bushings,
  • aluminum steering rack bushings,
  • bump steer kit,
  • Cobra IRS with polyurethane cradle bushings and Delrin and aluminum bushings for the diff,
  • Bilstein coil-overs (front springs are 250 lb/in, can't remember what the back springs are)
  • camber/caster plates,
  • sub-frame connectors,
  • strut tower braces
It's a bit radical for the street, but only because it's kind of noisy (long tube headers and a T56 Magnum don't help). The ride firmness is acceptable.

For my 2018 I have installed Steeda's subframe alignment kit, differential insert kit, subframe bushing support kit, and IRS support brackets. I'm going to put 19 x 10 wheels with 285/35-19 tires. As I mentioned above the car is primarily for street but I may track it occasionally.

So, I'm considering the Pro Action adjustable struts and shocks with Ultralite linear springs, camber/caster plates, and billet shock mounts. I assume this set up will be firm but not as firm as my 2000 and probably have little, if any, more noise than it has now.

Would it be a good idea to also get the rear camber adjustment kit? I hope this isn't a dumb question, should I also get the fastener kit?

Your thoughts, any suggestions?

Cheers
Sponsored