Sponsored

I installed my oil cooler line assembly

Rusty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Being concerned about the dealer servicing my car, I decided to do the oil cooler line assembly recall work myself. (My selling dealer couldn't even install the splitter correctly) I bought the assembly from my local dealer, some race ramps from reverse logic, and started the project. Removing the splitter was easy, the belly pan just a bit more difficult due to many more fasteners. The torque needed to remove the two bolts from the oil filter adapter was surprising but I just needed more leverage. The other end at the cooler itself was simple.
You have to thread the cooler line through a small opening above the frame and it took some time, but soon it was in position. After inserting the cooler into the oil filter adapter, I torqued the bolts as required. I thought I would strip the threads because so much torque was involved, but I did not. The quick connectors at the cooler went on simply. I lost less than a quart of oil. However, I decided to do a complete oil and filter change. With the belly pan off, the filter was very accessible. Installing the belly pan was time consuming, but easy. The splitter was more difficult due to the four 45 degree screws. I spent a lot of time on my stomach and back, but it's done and fully documented. My local dealer has agreed to sign off on my recall and it requesting reimbursement from Ford for the cost of the oil cooler assembly.
OVERALL, THE PROCESS WAS WORTH IT.
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Wow... your dealer is nice. I once replaced a throttle body with another OEM on my Chevy truck and the dealer told me to fly a kite when I asked for reimbursement when I realized, a day later, there was a TSB on it. I just didn't have the time to leave my truck at a dealer that month and the thing was surging like a somabich. Anywho... good on you!