Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Over the years I have bought a multitude of parts from American Muscle.

Literally THOUSANDS of dollars in parts as an aggregate from one mustang to another. Hiccups occur and AM has ALWAYS made good on EVERYTHING I have bought.

On black Friday I ordered a part that was not in stock. I called twice for updates and on the last call I decided to cancel the order. No ETA was available and I was told it could be a day or a month. So I decided to cancel.

I just got a stock alert from AM via email and called to re-place my order. The young lady whom I spoke to said that even though they can see the order for my part, and the price, they can't honor the black Friday price.

No other discount was available according to her and she asked if she could do anything else I said no thanks, unfortunately I wouldn't be calling back. You have your policies, I have mine. I don't mean to bash a site sponsor but this is a really unfortunate situation that could most definitely have been handled better.

I wasn't looking for a BETTER price than I had paid, simply to re-place my order. This was not possible. Thats NOT good customer service. Her last remark was that "If you would have not cancelled the order, this wouldn't be an issue".

While that is true, if you would have had a good ETA, maybe I wouldn't have cancelled it.

Donald Trump would have difficulty negotiating any kind of transaction on this deal, i am very disappointed.
Sponsored

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Hey Jeff - I'm sorry to see and hear about this but that's unacceptable on my end and I'd like to hunt down the rep you we're working with to review the phone call.

Moving forward if you'd like to still have your order shipped at BLACK FRIDAY pricing I'm happy to honor that for you.

Drop me a line and we'll get this shipped out for you pronto

(Just received and replied to your PM with my extension and I'll be by the phone all morning)

Alex

OP
OP
Jeffola

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
And for the record folks, Alex made it all right. Not that this is why we complain, and we really shouldn't have to. Even Alex said that its not the right way to fix things.

Donald Trump was NOT a part of the negotiations.

Thanks Alex, you saved the day!

ohbuckeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Hey Jeff - I'm sorry to see and hear about this but that's unacceptable on my end and I'd like to hunt down the rep you we're working with to review the phone call.

Moving forward if you'd like to still have your order shipped at BLACK FRIDAY pricing I'm happy to honor that for you.

Alex
Nice to see a vender rep come out and jump on an issue quickly and make it right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
And for the record folks, Alex made it all right. Not that this is why we complain, and we really shouldn't have to. Even Alex said that its not the right way to fix things.

Donald Trump was NOT a part of the negotiations.

Thanks Alex, you saved the day!
Jeff - Thank you for the kind words again. I don't get to speak with customers that often so I felt it was necessary here. Always great to put a voice to name as well.

Don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything else I can help out with moving forward and thank you for working with me on this.

A

Nice to see a vender rep come out and jump on an issue quickly and make it right!
Buck - You better believe I'm all over this forum and always willing to help our guys out.

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Alex is the man. Always great service and great prices.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Thats pretty much why I buy from this vendor.
Alex is the man. Always great service and great prices.

Thanks for the kind words guys - You know if there's ever anything I need to hear about make a post or a thread, I'll see it nor do we mind if it's in public. After all, this is a public forum!

Alex

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Just reading this....Impressed! Not that this is out of the norm for AM. (The great customer service) Thank you for being here Alex.

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
Over the years I have bought a multitude of parts from American Muscle.

Literally THOUSANDS of dollars in parts as an aggregate from one mustang to another. Hiccups occur and AM has ALWAYS made good on EVERYTHING I have bought.

On black Friday I ordered a part that was not in stock. I called twice for updates and on the last call I decided to cancel the order. No ETA was available and I was told it could be a day or a month. So I decided to cancel.

I just got a stock alert from AM via email and called to re-place my order. The young lady whom I spoke to said that even though they can see the order for my part, and the price, they can't honor the black Friday price.

No other discount was available according to her and she asked if she could do anything else I said no thanks, unfortunately I wouldn't be calling back. You have your policies, I have mine. I don't mean to bash a site sponsor but this is a really unfortunate situation that could most definitely have been handled better.

I wasn't looking for a BETTER price than I had paid, simply to re-place my order. This was not possible. Thats NOT good customer service. Her last remark was that "If you would have not cancelled the order, this wouldn't be an issue".

While that is true, if you would have had a good ETA, maybe I wouldn't have cancelled it.

Donald Trump would have difficulty negotiating any kind of transaction on this deal, i am very disappointed.
That would've rubbed me the wrong way too. I'm always respectful of people I'm speaking with. If a person I'm trying to buy something from gives me attitude that's the end of our conversation and I'm taking my money somewhere else. You're not doing me any favors, you work for me, the customer. And if I'm spending $2500+ and you hassle me over $50, that too ends our business. I'm on the other side of this transaction all the time, providing nothing less than stellar mind blowing customer service.

Sponsored

WildHorses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
sounds like your situation could of being better from the get go.

But I don't know if it just me or what.

never understood why people have to be like "i spent thousands of dollars", and publicly announce that. Does it make better to say that, so the person can feel they should be treated like royalty and to the person that only spends maybe a few hundred on their car, should feel less of themselves?

Don't get me wrong, this is not to shoot down/call out the guy that didn't have a good experience, because I didn't hear the phone conversation, so don't know what the tone was from the representative or the customer. It sounds like it could of been resolved easily but didn't

I use to work for a ski shop and when I had those customers come/call in and say I spent X amount of dollars on this right off the bat, only to kick and scream until they get their way, it makes you not want to help them more or get an issue resolved.

maybe it is just more of a pet peeve of mine when people have to announce the amount of money they spent

anywho, if you are like me, it is time to do some smokey burnouts:headbang: or maybe pretend with a toy Mustang because my baby is stuck in the garage due to the winter :(

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Does it make better to say that, so the person can feel they should be treated like royalty and to the person that only spends maybe a few hundred on their car, should feel less of themselves?

(
No AM will treat your return/situation like a king even if they f'd up at 30 dollar part.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
No AM will treat your return/situation like a king even if they f'd up at 30 dollar part.
Thanks for the support [MENTION=7648]Chameleon[/MENTION]

I've been with AM for quite some time now and I we treat customers how we want to be treated. We'll bend over backwards to ensure that our customers are beyond satisfied with not only their parts but our service.

Alex
Sponsored