Sponsored

I got my new mustang.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I flew to Montana and picked it up, I drove through some of the worst weather imaginable and it handled wonderfully, saw like 100 accidents, and such. terrible, and snow drifts in Montana are scary. I wrapped my car and everything, the temperature was so cold that the adhesive came undone as soon as I drove out the dealer, so I had to come back with gorilla tape and warm car up and retape up the film to hold together better.

I put new wheels on it already, (except discount tires punctured one wheel front right,) they ordered a new one to replace the used one im using temporarily. Very happy with the new wheels. I put a new spoiler on last night, and installing the GT grille this week (I have a chrome pony emblem replacing the black one on grille)

Should I black out the chrome window trim? (it has black spoiler, black wheels, black grille) (It will have chrome front and rear pony, chrome lug nuts and chrome pony center caps in each wheel) Also, the stupid lug nuts are like 3 inches long its all discount tire had (35) dollars. So I ordered small diameter correct lug nuts for another 25 dollars online, I'll swap them out once I get them too. just a waste of money, no big deal.

Overall, the car is in great shape, no damage really. I washed her up once I got back. Spent 200 plane ticket, like 150 in gas, and 30 in food. I had a hotel room but the credit card machine wasn't working so they just gave me the room for the night. Nice little trip, saw Mount Rushmore too while I was passing through.

Edit. Do you think I can get much for the original 19 inch polished aluminum wheels? You can see the wheel on right of pic in the lifted car pic. May sell the grille + wheels if you guys think they are worth anything. Cant see myself ever wanting that look again.
IMG_5630.JPG
IMG_5657.JPG
IMG_5671.JPG
IMG_5679.JPG
IMG_0224.JPG
IMG_0223.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Question, do I need to remove active grill shutter to install my GT grille on my ecoboost? I am reading conflicting answers. I'd prefer to keep it.

OP
OP
FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
No one knows the answer to above? here's pic with spoiler outside today.
IMG_5707.jpg

Sponsored

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
nice ride! congrats.

Couldn't you black out the crome window trim with just plastidip? I did it for all my emblems. Looks awesome and super easy to do. I'd even black out the front grille

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats dude, Im a fellow combat vet/paratrooper as well.. thanks for your service

OP
OP
FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Congrats dude, Im a fellow combat vet/paratrooper as well.. thanks for your service
Hey man I appreciate it, and thanks to you as well.

To those, above. I do not like using plastic dip because its a short term use and starts to flake off, I use automatic washers touchless and it just eats it away. So it would have to be vinyl that holds up quite well, had it on my other car and never caused an issue or removed from car.

I want the chrome pony + gt grille. I think it would look really nice. I am wondering if I should keep or sell the wheels, im thinking selling them, clean them up and sell them come spring. I know I'd never put polished aluminum wheels back on the car, such a pain keeping polished wheels looking good.

Really glad to know about the grill working with the active shutter thing. I read conflicting reviews half of people say no, wont fit, have to chop it up or remove it. etc. Wonder why theres so much false information going on about gt on a ecoboost.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I love that chrome window trim. Looks fantastic.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
I just put some soap and water got all the grime and salt off the wheels, they are drying then once they are dry going to polish them up/freshen them up and list for sale.

So if anyone is interested, be on the lookout for 2 days on road 1700 miles brand new rims no scratches or scuffs that I can see. lol I drove from dealer with like 6 miles on it, and 2 days later got home with 1700 on them and removed them same day I arrived. Will list them for sale once ready with name pic and such.

waterskiguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250, 2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2021 Prostar
I just put some soap and water got all the grime and salt off the wheels, they are drying then once they are dry going to polish them up/freshen them up and list for sale.

So if anyone is interested, be on the lookout for 2 days on road 1700 miles brand new rims no scratches or scuffs that I can see. lol I drove from dealer with like 6 miles on it, and 2 days later got home with 1700 on them and removed them same day I arrived. Will list them for sale once ready with name pic and such.
I flew to Montana and picked it up, I drove through some of the worst weather imaginable and it handled wonderfully, saw like 100 accidents, and such. terrible, and snow drifts in Montana are scary. I wrapped my car and everything, the temperature was so cold that the adhesive came undone as soon as I drove out the dealer, so I had to come back with gorilla tape and warm car up and retape up the film to hold together better.

I put new wheels on it already, (except discount tires punctured one wheel front right,) they ordered a new one to replace the used one im using temporarily. Very happy with the new wheels. I put a new spoiler on last night, and installing the GT grille this week (I have a chrome pony emblem replacing the black one on grille)

Should I black out the chrome window trim? (it has black spoiler, black wheels, black grille) (It will have chrome front and rear pony, chrome lug nuts and chrome pony center caps in each wheel) Also, the stupid lug nuts are like 3 inches long its all discount tire had (35) dollars. So I ordered small diameter correct lug nuts for another 25 dollars online, I'll swap them out once I get them too. just a waste of money, no big deal.

Overall, the car is in great shape, no damage really. I washed her up once I got back. Spent 200 plane ticket, like 150 in gas, and 30 in food. I had a hotel room but the credit card machine wasn't working so they just gave me the room for the night. Nice little trip, saw Mount Rushmore too while I was passing through.

Edit. Do you think I can get much for the original 19 inch polished aluminum wheels? You can see the wheel on right of pic in the lifted car pic. May sell the grille + wheels if you guys think they are worth anything. Cant see myself ever wanting that look again.
IMG_5630.JPG
IMG_5657.JPG
IMG_5671.JPG
IMG_5679.JPG
IMG_0224.JPG
IMG_0223.JPG
Very nice looking car! I just flew to Houston Saturday and bought a Velocity blue GT. Having it shipped up to the Northwest. I'm in the process of ordering some goodies. I want to do a spoiler, but am unsure which style I like most. If I might ask, what is the spoiler your put on your car? Congrats to you, I'm beyond excited to get a hold of my new toy!!

OP
OP
FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
I chose the gt350 track spoiler. 430 dollars oem cost but free shipping from Levittown ford
01BBD20D-E359-452A-99CF-4654B5A2878A.jpeg

waterskiguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250, 2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2021 Prostar
I chose the gt350 track spoiler. 430 dollars oem cost but free shipping from Levittown ford
01BBD20D-E359-452A-99CF-4654B5A2878A.jpeg
That's the same one I have on order. Looks great on your car, so I know I'm gonna like it!
Thanks much.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Just saw your original lower grille you don’t happen to have adaptive cruise control do you? If you do the gt lower grille wouldn’t work
Sponsored