I am an idiot. Please Help

Northern Goat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot GT Premium 400A
Short version. The plan was to pull an audio signal from the rear speakers to aftermarket amp then amp to new speakers. I cut the front speaker wires from the harness to wire in signal from crossover to front door woofers. See pic.

Now no signal to rears (measured at the rear speaker wires). I thought I messed up the amp, but am getting a signal to the mids in the door.

Any idea what I did. Would cutting the wires to the front woofers cause me to lose the signal to the rear? Any suggestions on how to fix the connectors for the front if I have to go that route?
image.jpg
Sponsored

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Wow.. you should always leave some wire at the connector.. just in case.. but can you be a little more specific as to where that connector is..

OP
OP

Northern Goat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Its the speaker output connector from the amplifier. The issue I can't figure out is why the rears won't work given that I only hacked the front outputs.

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Fastback, Magnetic, 051A, MT, 3.55
Sounds like something else is disconnected, check the pins, rewire what you cut, and reset radio.

Test.

If all works, tap in a bit further from the connector.

OP
OP

Northern Goat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
FYI, Master Reset fixed rear speaker issues. Going to push pins out of connectors and solder new wires later this week.
Thanks for the tip. Didn't know about master reset.
Sponsored