Sponsored

Hydro-Dipped Carbon Fiber Parts for the 2015 Mustang.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium

steven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt black
any samples of a brushed grey or aluminum carbon dip? looks awesome

RouteAbel

2015 GT PP, Magnetic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, Magnetic
Stuff looks great but the prices are tough, you can buy actual carbon fiber for close to some of those prices.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Stuff looks great but the prices are tough, you can buy actual carbon fiber for close to some of those prices.

Remember that we also color accent some of the parts, where the pricing for real carbon is just finished carbon without any color, so there is an extra step of work there. Since we use OEM parts, that also influences the cost sometimes as we all know things from Ford can sometimes be priced pretty ridiculously.(IE. GT350R Rear Spoiler)

After 20+ years in the business, we have installed our fair share of real Carbon parts and still do and fitment leaves a lot to be desired most of the times. Its not that it cant be done right, usually the done right comes with pricing that far eclipses our HydroCarbon. Its not everyone's cup of tea, but that's why both options exist.

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
Love the idea! Price.. Not so much.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Love the idea! Price.. Not so much.
The emblems cost us the same as our blackout kit, then we need to prep, coat, and finish the emblems, the pricing needs to reflect that unfortunately.

We will have more examples shortly.

Mag15Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 magnetic metallic mustang
We were examining that yesterday and yes it appears it can be done. The area around the tailights is a bezel.

I emailed them and I was told that they could, just have to send my tail lights to them obviously. Will be doing this to match w my carbon trunk lid and then order my carbon fiber deck lid panel.

Sponsored

101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
Do I understand correctly that if I remove the engine cover and send it you and you dip it the price is still $295? This really hard to accept for a stick-on vinyl thing that makes no contribution to performance at all. Or is this is for real carbon fiber parts? I am confused here.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Do I understand correctly that if I remove the engine cover and send it you and you dip it the price is still $295? This really hard to accept for a stick-on vinyl thing that makes no contribution to performance at all. Or is this is for real carbon fiber parts? I am confused here.

Yes that pricing is correct. This is not for real carbon fiber parts. As the title of the thread states this is for Hydro Dipped Parts. Carbon Fiber is the pattern used.

These items are purely cosmetic, and we have never stated otherwise. Not sure where you see that this is a stick-on vinyl, this is done via a process called water transfer printing. The part must be prepped, base coated, dipped, then cleared. There are also a few baths it must go through to prep for and after dipping. We also include you choice of colored accent to match your car or combination. That is not very expensive for the amount of work done and the level of quality.

Yes there are places that will do this cheaper than us, I can show you hundreds of examples of guys who will subsequently send us those parts done in cheaper places because the quality is very poor. Locally we deal with it almost on a weekly basis. Hydro Dipping is the latest "IN" thing and there are many fly by night shops opening up.

toplessfun

Photographer / IS Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.yankiyuksel.com
First Name
Yanki
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Love this... I would love to know if there are extra costs associated to getting these back to Canada. I will likely take my own parts and send them to you.

I'm mainly interested in

Radiator support cover
Center Console
Engine Cover

I also have a yellow mustang so I would love the Engine cover done exactly as in the pictures with the yellow top and yellow lettering.

Regards,

Yanki

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Been a while, some great pictures in this thread.

Feel free to reach out to us if interested.
Sponsored