Sponsored

Howler Coyote F/R Badges - PLEASE READ 1st PAGE FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FAQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OITNB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange Mustang GT 2015
PM sent.
Sponsored

AllenGJr43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White A6 GT
Got mine today. Pretty happy. Man, this thing is beefy. Only thing is the small white mark on the side of the 5. Any ideas on how to get that off? Was thinking about trying compound tomorrow morning. Thanks for everything Oysmallfry!
howlerbadge1.jpg
howlerbadge.jpg

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
[MENTION=21283]AllenGJr43[/MENTION]

I would very carefully use the edge of a blade to try and remove that. If you apply very light pressure, you should be able to slowly scrape the paint off without damaging the metal surface beneath. The key is to apply light pressure and use a sharp blade. You want to avoid damaging the metal beneath.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Got mine today. Pretty happy. Man, this thing is beefy. Only thing is the small white mark on the side of the 5. Any ideas on how to get that off? Was thinking about trying compound tomorrow morning. Thanks for everything Oysmallfry!
Nice. Thats the combo i ordered.

Horsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Five.Oh
Wow weighs more than a iPhone

Sponsored

Rice Killa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 15 GT Premium PP
Got my fingers crossed to still receive mine. Got a deck panel sitting in the garage waiting to be installed.

OP
OP
OySmallFry@SCS

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Boxes incoming!

(ill prob have to hand out tracking in the morning, i'm a little bleary eyed)
IMG_20160414_034804.jpg

RVA5.0Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Boxes incoming!

(ill prob have to hand out tracking in the morning, i'm a little bleary eyed)
Posted last week to get on the list, don't see my name on the first page, post 2. Looking for two red/black badges.

Thanks.

Sponsored

6T1TEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP
I've had an empty ford racing panel ever since I ordered this badge 4 months ago. I don't want a refund, you can keep the $25 or however much it was. Just send me a badge that's even slightly useable. I'll order a replacement next batch, just get me something to put on please.
Me too I want my badges not refund!!!! Please and thank you!!!

6T1TEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP
Hey guys, my apologies for not weighing in sooner. I've been fighting the fight behind the scenes.

You're all pretty much spot on, funny how the internet works. I've had a few conversations over email and PM about these, but let me publicly apologize to everyone here. Especially [MENTION=13194]Blk2015GT[/MENTION], [MENTION=18814]USMC 005[/MENTION], [MENTION=17073]mustanggt8587[/MENTION], and [MENTION=18786]LETHAL[/MENTION] -(hope you got the new tracking number).

The quality issues were NOT solved. I think that's pretty evident by now. The average quality is completely and totally unacceptable. I am very sorry any of those poor quality badges got in the mail to you guys. I don't even know how to describe my disappointment/panic/frustration.. I enjoy doing this, I've always been interested in starting something cool, especially for this community. But the prospect of disappointing 100s of you guys has definitely taken a few years off my life, and may lead to premature male pattern baldness (ha).. tearing my hair out.

I had looked at the badges when they arrived, but to be completely honest I trusted my vendor's siren song about "disney" level quality and didn't take a magnifying glass to them. It wasn't until a few guys posted early about the blemishes that I began the process of reviewing every single one of the 592 badges in detail. I finished that up Sunday night around 4am. This is exactly what I did not want to do and was hoping to avoid from the last batch. I am not quality control - it's completely absurd I (and you) have to perform that role.

I have the numbers at home on specific color combos, but basically, out of 592 total badges (Howler, Cyclone, and Howler Fender badges), right around 290 of them I rejected. My criteria was "would I be pissed to get these in the mail?" and "would I put these on my car?". More specifically - is anything fubared from a 2 foot view? Ok, are the enamel paint, the design itself, and the physical badge quality free of serious defects? Are there less than 3 very minor defects? (this includes debris in the paint, of which most had some unfortunately). I would prefer perfection, but I didn't want to reject every one..

That's right at a 50% scrap rate. Fucking absurd. :frusty: ...

I was livid when I ran the final numbers. Took about 45 pictures of the most glaringly shit quality badges and shot off a "we need to talk, this is completely unacceptable" email to my vendor.

We spoke yesterday afternoon finally. He must've been frantically trying to come up with a solution because he didn't return my call until ~4pm. He apologized no less than a dozen times himself over the course of the call, where I channeled all the fury from you guys as well as plenty of my own and made it absolutely clear how unacceptable this was. I was not shy about my displeasure, the waste of time and energy, and the problems this has a caused with paying customers. While his customer service is fantastic and personally a very nice guy, I have zero faith in their manufacturing facilities. He is no longer my vendor.

The explanation he offered is that the "disney factory" must have outsourced the order to a separate facility entirely. One without any workmanship standards obviously..

To be clear, I have no problems using an American manufacturer. In fact, my vendor is based in Utah. I was not looking for a Chinese company at all when I looked for badge makers. It was never made clear that the actual factories are based in China until the shipping delays earlier this year were attributed to "extensive holidays" aka the Chinese new year, and I put 2 and 2 together.

Going forward, I'm going back to the list of possible suppliers that Nathan and I put together when we started this. Preorders are over. We won't take anyone's money until we have product, and good product at that.

I'll figure out how many more orders can be filled from the good quality badges and send those out. Unfortunately, (this is where you guys are not going to like me) I will have to refund a good number of orders. If you're in the bottom ~100 and you haven't gotten yours, you'll definitely be getting a refund.

Anyone that already has received badges, if for ANY reason at all you are not satisfied, just email/PM me. No questions asked. Full refund.

[MENTION=15102]Nathanbrummer@SCS[/MENTION] sorry for going AWOL.. it was a lot to deal with / come to terms with.

P.S. I do sincerely appreciate all the support you guys have offered. This forum is like no other community I've ever been a part of. You people are awesome. I will do my best to uphold my end of the bargain and get everyone taken care of.

P.P.S. To clear any misunderstanding, [MENTION=14380]phrenetiK[/MENTION] is an in-real-life friend here in Houston. He was at my house (he's been here before). He paid for badges. They happened to be strewn all over my floor. He is as OCD as I am sometimes and looked through a bunch to find the best ones to his liking. There's no conspiracy to present perfect badges or something.

P.P.P.S. The best way to be directly notified when badges, straps, etc are ready is to put your email in on the new website (spacecityspy.com). Promise no spam. Of course, things will also be posted here.

Thanks, and again I am truly sorry for the long waits and disappointments. It was not easy to come to terms with, but we have a path going forward and I still want to make this happen.

TLDR: 50% of badges were unacceptable and scrapped. Fired vendor. Refunds incoming. My sincere apologies to you all :(. Still need to do my taxes..

Thank you for all you have done and doing, I want my badges not refund!!!! Please just send me my badges. Thank you!!!

CTr1gga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/ PP
I can't help but feel like you've disappointed more people by not sending the badges. I would've been glad to get mine after such a long wait. Plenty of us could find ways to get rid of what belmnishes were on ours.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
Yeah I feel like there isn't full disclosure going on right now, the badges have been in for a while now :confused:

j_dhillon21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
Im #42 and #43 on march wait list when can I expect my badges to be shipped out?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.