how to unlock Lund Nguage

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Situation - I prefer the NGuage to the SCT based on reading and researching the devices (spare you the details).

I have been dead set on getting the Nguage (Lund) with plans for FI - procharger.

Current events, I participated in a trackday and it has me holding off on the FI for a little longer and thinking of doing a quick basic tune for now (lund) and have the device for the fi later (easy).

Welllll, the gt350 and a tune by a local tuner has really peeked my interest and I obviously would not be able to use the NGuage (lund).

Question - What would be the process/cost of "unlocking" the NGuage to set it up for use by other tuners? This evening I saw another version of NGauge called HP tuners Ngauge.

Checking all of my options
Sponsored

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that other version is the unlocked version

Silver550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
15" Silver Premium PP
can you buy the unlocked ngauge from the other place and just buy a tune from anyone and load it to the ngauge?

fifteen5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6
From what I've read.

1. Tuner bought from Lund (or a Lund Vendor) its locked to Lund.

2. Buy from a NON Lund vendor / Unlocked you can tune anywhere. BUT !
If you choose Lund to do a tune on your unlocked ngauge then its Locked to Lund.

So if Lund tunes your nGauge (even unlocked) its will be locked to Lund.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
you can pay to have the ngauge unlocked, but lund can do a great job on the gt350 intake.

Sponsored

fifteen5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6
Why do I have to pay extra to unlock my tuner. Their should just be a way to load a firmware onto the SD and flash the device that will unlock it. Only thing that should remain locked are the Tunes. This whole Locking a Tuner to a provider is crazy in my opinion. I have a Lund nGauge and I'm not happy with the Tune (or the revisions) now I have to pay more to unlock it to use the provider I want ?

Should have just bought a SCT x4...... Regrets ....

@beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Lund is the one who put the ngauge together and came up with the concept and got all the interworkings going.

without lund , there would be no HP nauge.

if there is something you would like revised on your tune, simply send a ticket to lund and they will change what you want changed

fifteen5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6
[MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] . tried it. Notice I said revisions. Transmission shifting way too hard on city driving. Refuaed to datalog and now my revision feels like a stock tune..

Don't get me wrong. The nGauge is a great concept. Its fast and mounts nicely in the mustang. But not being able to use my desired tune provider if I choose Lund its locked then have to pay to unlock it is what is wrong. Yes I know a "unlocked" version is available but what if a person buys the unlocked version then gets a Lund tune (tuner gets locked) isn't happy with Lund and wants to switch to a different provider then we have to pay to unlock it. Holding my nGauge Ransom. Don't like my tune, well pay me more money and you can switch.

I see the reason to lock a tune, but not the tuner being locked to a provider.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
[MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] . tried it. Notice I said revisions. Transmission shifting way too hard on city driving. Refuaed to datalog and now my revision feels like a stock tune..

Don't get me wrong. The nGauge is a great concept. Its fast and mounts nicely in the mustang. But not being able to use my desired tune provider if I choose Lund its locked then have to pay to unlock it is what is wrong. Yes I know a "unlocked" version is available but what if a person buys the unlocked version then gets a Lund tune (tuner gets locked) isn't happy with Lund and wants to switch to a different provider then we have to pay to unlock it. Holding my nGauge Ransom. Don't like my tune, well pay me more money and you can switch.

I see the reason to lock a tune, but not the tuner being locked to a provider.
i didn't get the "refuaed to datalog"

are you saying you "refused to datalog" ?

robw_39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm going to chime in on this as well... I was not 100% happy with my tune and was basically told that my tune was fine... I never heard anyone report that they ever made less HP or only a couple HP on E85 but I have and was told my tune was good to go...

I also don't think Lund hasn't done enough to dial in the GT350 TB I was pushed by them into getting the MMR adapter plate and use the stock TB to fix the issues I was having.

And now I read my Ngague is locked lol I paid for it I should be able to use it to load any tune not just a Lund tune... I get that the tune files are locked but the actual tuner that is some BS if you ask me.

It seems to me that Lund lost some of their really good tuners or they just don't have the time to really work one on one with customers anymore...

Most people praise them but I am seeing more and more people not happy with the end result.

Sponsored

fifteen5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6
[MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION]
Jr said datalog would be pointless , that they have this tune of 100's (1000's?) Of other cars with no issues. Guess its just my car. Weird how one car could be different than the other. Go figure.

My previous tuner (on my 2012 gt with x4) would request data logs before he even sent a file. Then datalogs of the file he sent until he was satisfied. Something about different statigies and no 2/mustangs being exactly the same.
[MENTION=20320]robw_39[/MENTION] . yup . not to mention my mpg sucks now.

Please don't get me wrong . I'm not A "nut swinger" for any tuner. Who ever puts out the best tune (to me) is who gets my business. If I'm happy im going to say I'm happy. I didn't start this thread but figured I would express my opinion and seems like I'm not the only.person.

.yp

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
It's possible to convert them, the problem is finding someone who is willing to do it. There were 2 vendors a while back that were doing it for about $60, but they don't seem to be around anymore after doing some Googling.

The hardware is the same, just the firmware that is different. Mess around with it for a while on a hex/binary editor, I'm sure it's doable yourself. Just 1s and 0s after all. Problem would be getting your hands on a non-lund ngauge to pull the firmware from.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
[MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION]
Jr said datalog would be pointless , that they have this tune of 100's (1000's?) Of other cars with no issues. Guess its just my car. Weird how one car could be different than the other. Go figure.

My previous tuner (on my 2012 gt with x4) would request data logs before he even sent a file. Then datalogs of the file he sent until he was satisfied. Something about different statigies and no 2/mustangs being exactly the same.
[MENTION=20320]robw_39[/MENTION] . yup . not to mention my mpg sucks now.

Please don't get me wrong . I'm not A "nut swinger" for any tuner. Who ever puts out the best tune (to me) is who gets my business. If I'm happy im going to say I'm happy. I didn't start this thread but figured I would express my opinion and seems like I'm not the only.person.

.yp
thats all marketing.

ford sends the same program on every car with the same combo

pp pack car has a pcm code same strategy
auto car with 3.15 has a pcm code same strategy
auto with 3.55 has a pcm code same strategy

all of these cars come from ford with one strategy on them. it doesn't vary by elevation, color, etc...

if you take a JLT kit and put it on that car, you have to adjust for that intake. and for that pcm code and it will transfer to that same pcm across the board.

if you do a steeda, and you calibrate for it, it will be the same across the board

where things change are shift points, shift firmness, different programs in the different modes.

giving you more timing if your always running 93

etc...

lund can and will fine tune shift points, and will look at logs if you have an issue or something you want changed.

fifteen5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6
It's possible to convert them, the problem is finding someone who is willing to do it. There were 2 vendors a while back that were doing it for about $60, but they don't seem to be around anymore after doing some Googling.

The hardware is the same, just the firmware that is different. Mess around with it for a while on a hex/binary editor, I'm sure it's doable yourself. Just 1s and 0s after all. Problem would be getting your hands on a non-lund ngauge to pull the firmware from.
http://e-motionproducts.com/support/index.html

Isn't this the firmware. Says one is Just nGauge then one is Lund nGauge.

I know when I got my "Lund nGauge" it didn't have Lund firmware.

Both of those Firmware work on my nGauge and load Lund's tune.
Sponsored