r123070

r123070
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP / 11 V6
What does "Placed in Industry" mean? I know it's in my location (about 10 miles from me), but can't find what this refers to in relation to delivery to dealer. Any help is greatly appreciated

Jrhogger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Guard
What does "Placed in Industry" mean? I know it's in my location (about 10 miles from me), but can't find what this refers to in relation to delivery to dealer. Any help is greatly appreciated
Placed at auto facility in the rail yard for unloading.

Jrhogger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Guard
Officially in the Tracking Club...Thanks Stan (JrHogger)-->:first:
Railcar is in Kansas City Sir, scheduled to depart there Sunday heading for its new home... You are very much welcome.

r123070

r123070
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP / 11 V6

Sponsored

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
So I have been tracking my car using the CSX number. It left Bessemer, Alabama on January 4th at 2:45 AM and that is the last status update. Is it possible it has been travelling for 29 plus hours without getting to a checkpoint? What would make CSX stop updating location?

Update: The train switched over to Norfolk Southern's line for the last leg. I called their customer service line, hit choice 2, then 2 again. I spoke with a really nice guy who traced it for me and gave me an ETA of 1/7

Last edited:

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Anyone from California remember the routes their rail car went to make it to California. My car was in Burnham,Illinois on 1/5/15 now on 1/13/15 its in Gibson, Indiana. Seems out of the way if its final destination is California. Maybe it got lost? ;)

Jrhogger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Guard
Anyone from California remember the routes their rail car went to make it to California. My car was in Burnham,Illinois on 1/5/15 now on 1/13/15 its in Gibson, Indiana. Seems out of the way if its final destination is California. Maybe it got lost? ;)
I sent you an PM. Gibson is actually a rail yard in Chicago that is serviced by the IHB Railroad. They will interchange it to either the UP or the BNSF. where in CA are you?

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
He's listed in Redondo Beach which is Southern Ca. I am in northern Ca. east of the SF Bay Area. I believe all cars for our area train into Benicia, CA.

I am very interested to learn of northern CA transit times. How long they sat before shipping, then how long the train time to Benicia, then to dealers.

Is there a site to track besides COTUS? Mine has a build wekk of 2/23, so I have some waitin' still to do. Pr, Code 19 :eek:(

66P51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Magnetic 6mt 50th AP
He's listed in Redondo Beach which is Southern Ca. I am in northern Ca. east of the SF Bay Area. I believe all cars for our area train into Benicia, CA.

I am very interested to learn of northern CA transit times. How long they sat before shipping, then how long the train time to Benicia, then to dealers.

Is there a site to track besides COTUS? Mine has a build wekk of 2/23, so I have some waitin' still to do. Pr, Code 19 :eek:(
Mine was built on 01/05/15, and sat at the plant for 11 days and shipped out by rail on 01/16/15. Dealer said all Ford plants were dealing with a railcar shortage in the northeast. The car just spent 8 days on the rails with a one day delay due to a train malfunction. It arrived in Benicia on 01/24/15 and was received by the car carrier service today (01/25/15). My dealership is not too terribly far from Benicia (Central Valley, Northern CA), so hopefully it will arrive this week. The dealer said the car carrier service loads the car haulers by weight and not necessarily by vehicle/order preference.

Also, your dealer should be able to give you more specific updates with the vehicle visibility report than what you will glean from COTUS. According to my dealer, COTUS is still in an experimental phase. Hope this helps.

Sponsored

Jrhogger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Guard
Mine was built on 01/05/15, and sat at the plant for 11 days and shipped out by rail on 01/16/15. Dealer said all Ford plants were dealing with a railcar shortage in the northeast. The car just spent 8 days on the rails with a one day delay due to a train malfunction. It arrived in Benicia on 01/24/15 and was received by the car carrier service today (01/25/15). My dealership is not too terribly far from Benicia (Central Valley, Northern CA), so hopefully it will arrive this week. The dealer said the car carrier service loads the car haulers by weight and not necessarily by vehicle/order preference.

Also, your dealer should be able to give you more specific updates with the vehicle visibility report than what you will glean from COTUS. According to my dealer, COTUS is still in an experimental phase. Hope this helps.
Did your dealer give you the railcar # if so I can track it and let you know. Depending on which railroad it is on i might be able to tell you the day it will arrive the auto facility to be unloaded.

66P51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Magnetic 6mt 50th AP
Did your dealer give you the railcar # if so I can track it and let you know. Depending on which railroad it is on i might be able to tell you the day it will arrive the auto facility to be unloaded.
Thanks for the offer Stan. The railcar arrived in Benicia, CA on Saturday and my car was unloaded yesterday. I did get a railcar number when the car shipped, and I considered sending you a PM, but my salesman (owner/GM of small town dealership) was on top of it and communicated regularly with me on the travel progress. Benefits of having a small town owner/dealer. :D

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
If out West and on that RR PM me with railcar and I can tell you where it is and when it will get to where it is going....
:clap2:
Hey Jrhogger. You still willing to give us an update on rail cars?

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Thanks for the offer Stan. The railcar arrived in Benicia, CA on Saturday and my car was unloaded yesterday. I did get a railcar number when the car shipped, and I considered sending you a PM, but my salesman (owner/GM of small town dealership) was on top of it and communicated regularly with me on the travel progress. Benefits of having a small town owner/dealer. :D
Very curious what Priority Code you got. I had (maybe wrongfully) assumed that my near by small town dealer would not have as large an allocation for Mustangs as a larger (mustang selling) dealer 1.5 hours away.
IF you got a low (or at least lower than 19) Priority Code, do you think it was due to knowing or having a very good rapport with the GM? Other reason?

Glad your car is close! :)

PS. How are you ensuring your dealer does not mount your front plate (if that is your desire)?

Jrhogger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Guard
Hey Jrhogger. You still willing to give us an update on rail cars?
yes if you have the railcar send it to me I will see if I can track it for you!
Sponsored