Advertisement

How to repair chip, nickel wheels? see photos.

Holmes

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch (love this truck), Porsche 911 (sold), 2002 F150 FX4 (sold), 2015 BMW 528i
Was washing the Mustang (2019 w/ 2800 miles) today and noticed a couple of chips in my rear wheel. Just had the car in the shop to install some Steeda Performance Lowering springs. I suspect one of the techs did the damage either unmounting or mounting the wheels in the process. Why is it that I can take my wife’s 5 year old suv to the shop for new tires, brakes, etc. Never any wheel damage, ever. But literally every time i’ve taken one of my “fun” cars, I always get some type of wheel damage. Anyway, Can anyone help me here? Is there some touch up paint for these wheels that I could use to fill-in? Want to avoid having to refinish the entire wheel.
Thank you!!

EDB94C88-5AB1-44D7-8662-E15789F0E0D8.jpeg
FFE4F449-40B7-4F64-8590-8ADA31AD909A.jpeg

Boostamoose

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT
Your best bet is to find a touch up pen from either Ford, or any other OEM that you believe closely matched that silver finish.
Option two is to have a body shop match it, and have them make you a small sample bottle.
From there you can do a quick touch up with toothpicks / small artist brush. After it dries you can go back with a microfiber and some polish and "blend" it a little better.

Those are deep enough that it will never look perfect again without wet sanding or refinishing. With the toothpick / brush method you can dab in a coat or two and make it almost invisible from 3 - 4ft away.

Advertisement

Advertisement

46 - Roush Performance - 1
Advertisement