Sponsored

How to repair chip, nickel wheels? see photos.

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
Was washing the Mustang (2019 w/ 2800 miles) today and noticed a couple of chips in my rear wheel. Just had the car in the shop to install some Steeda Performance Lowering springs. I suspect one of the techs did the damage either unmounting or mounting the wheels in the process. Why is it that I can take my wife’s 5 year old suv to the shop for new tires, brakes, etc. Never any wheel damage, ever. But literally every time i’ve taken one of my “fun” cars, I always get some type of wheel damage. Anyway, Can anyone help me here? Is there some touch up paint for these wheels that I could use to fill-in? Want to avoid having to refinish the entire wheel.
Thank you!!

EDB94C88-5AB1-44D7-8662-E15789F0E0D8.jpeg
FFE4F449-40B7-4F64-8590-8ADA31AD909A.jpeg
Sponsored

Boostamoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT
Your best bet is to find a touch up pen from either Ford, or any other OEM that you believe closely matched that silver finish.
Option two is to have a body shop match it, and have them make you a small sample bottle.
From there you can do a quick touch up with toothpicks / small artist brush. After it dries you can go back with a microfiber and some polish and "blend" it a little better.

Those are deep enough that it will never look perfect again without wet sanding or refinishing. With the toothpick / brush method you can dab in a coat or two and make it almost invisible from 3 - 4ft away.