Sponsored

How to make Ecoboost clutch feel softer?

GTV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 3.7, 2019 Mustang GT 5.0 PP2
Just got a 2015 Roush RS1 which the same as 2015 Mustang Ecoboost. The clutch pedal is about 50% heavier than 2018+ Mustang GT`s clutch( 32lb vs 22lb). I drove a 2019 GT PP2 for more than 3 years and very enjoy the clutch feeling in that car.

The AM sales guys recmond "X-Clutch Stage 2R Ceramic Single Disc Clutch Kit with Flywheel", I do see a guy`s review shows it could make the clutch lighter than stock. see screenshot
20220728214815.png

But when I ask X-Clutch sales man, the answer is their product will increase pedal effort over stock clutch about 20-30%. see screenshot
20220728215123.jpg

Is there any way to make 2015 ecoboost clutch feel softer?
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
You need a twin-disc clutch to make the pedal lighter.

They are available after-market.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
You could change the clutch-assist spring (on the pedal) and achieve what you want for a lot less money and effort.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Yes, except that I believe that spring makes the pedal effort higher (as the spring is lighter than OE).

And you really don't need that perch, unless you are really incompetent at working on the car and break stuff all the time. The plastic is pretty robust. The worst part for me was contorting my old body to get down in the footwell to do it, upside down.

Sponsored

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP Fastback. 1967 Mustang Fastback
Yes, except that I believe that spring makes the pedal effort higher (as the spring is lighter than OE).

And you really don't need that perch, unless you are really incompetent at working on the car and break stuff all the time. The plastic is pretty robust. The worst part for me was contorting my old body to get down in the footwell to do it, upside down.
Gotcha. Which clutch assist spring would you recommend?

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha. Which clutch assist spring would you recommend?
For you or the OP? For you, the Steeda is fine (BTDT) but you can buy just the spring without the perch. For the OP, I don't know, since he/she wants to go the other way.

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
The OP's car probably has an aftermarket spring in it currently. The OP should try a stock spring and see if that makes a difference. An Ecoboost clutch shouldn't feel any heavier than a GT.
Sponsored