Sponsored

How to install a switch to activate 2015-2018 line lock and not use the factory menu?

gjpundsack

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thewaltermittygarage.com
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0; AT; 355's
Has anyone spliced a switch (like a Hurst Line-Lock switch) into the factory line lock so you don't have to use the menu to activate the line-lock (S550 Mustangs)?
Sponsored

Fordman460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Is this an actual question? Or are you trolling? You understand that there is no physical line lock, right? Through software the car disengages the hydraulic pressure to the rear brakes. Theres obviously more going on than that, but in its simplest form, there it is.

Why are you trying to circumvent the car's menus?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Is this an actual question? Or are you trolling? You understand that there is no physical line lock, right? Through software the car disengages the hydraulic pressure to the rear brakes. Theres obviously more going on than that, but in its simplest form, there it is.

Why are you trying to circumvent the car's menus?
I'd check what he references first before saying he's trolling.

That is a switch and it is completely separate of any car menus. Line Lock isn't available on base cars without going through some other stuff like swapping your ABS module, Forscan programming, or some Russian software.

For what its worth, I don't see it for S550s, but it was available on previous models.

OP
OP

gjpundsack

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
I'd check what he references first before saying he's trolling.

That is a switch and it is completely separate of any car menus. Line Lock isn't available on base cars without going through some other stuff like swapping your ABS module, Forscan programming, or some Russian software.

For what its worth, I don't see it for S550s, but it was available on previous models.

OP
OP

gjpundsack

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Definitely not trolling. I just assumed the factory line-lock could be circumvented. Looking for a traditional way to activate a line-lock as the car is primarily a drag racer. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Definitely not trolling. I just assumed the factory line-lock could be circumvented. Looking for a traditional way to activate a line-lock as the car is primarily a drag racer. Thanks for your help.
You can install a traditional line lock.

The factory setup is via software and the abs module.

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
You can install a traditional line lock.

The factory setup is via software and the abs module.
I have the JPC linelock for S550 - it works flawlessly and is a must have for anyone who frequents the track regularly
Sponsored