Sponsored

How to get better 0-60 time on manual?

evin23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 rudy red mustang ecoboost manual
Best I've done is 6.8 on a ecoboost manual, 19 inch rims , with the all season tires. Also did do it while it was still pretty hot. How should I launch the car to get the average 5.7 time. Should I turn off traction control or advanced traction control. Also did my run with 91 octane and above half a tank of gas
Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Also did do it while it was still pretty hot, traction control, also did my run with 91 octane and above half a tank of gas
All of those are hurting you.

Billy G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Guard Metallic PP Ordered: 1/23/15
What RPM are you bringing the car out at? Are you shifting into 3rd? If you are, try making a run just using 1st and 2nd.......You'll probably hit the rev limiter but that won't hurt anything. The time that you'll lose shifting from 2nd to 3rd will be greater than finishing the run in 2nd even though you bump the limiter (unless you're a supershifter.....)

Just my .02

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
The biggest factor is have traction control completely off and a really good launch with minimal slipping. WOT shift in between gears too especially if you have the cobb tune. I suggest practicing in a empty parking lot just incase the backend decides to let go on you.
Sponsored