NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0 Conv Auto Silver
Hello.
This is my first post, so welcome everyone.
For starters i have a late 2014 model 2015 V6 base. Got the h/c seats with memory, not willing to add the memory function, that are in prime condition (luckly). I already upgraded to sync3 form 2019 premium GT.

I have some problems with this upgrade. I did all the wiring, made the harness. A nice tip is that you can buy 2 molex 33472 connectors with pins for quarter of the price of the wpt-1279.
Spliced the pin 1 (Hot) to pin 9 on the base connector, got the ms-can + and - to the passenger seat connector. I also did the driver seat fix. And this is were the problems come in. Non of the functions, except the lumbar of course, work.

One reason comes to my mind. I checked the fusebox and noticed that the *13 fuse in the engine bay was missing, and there is only one "blade" at that spot, so adding the fuse does not work, hence there is no power in the base connector at the passenger seat. But does it stop the drivers seat from working? Or do i need to look somwhere else to make it work?
Last question. Is there a way to "add that blade" without swaping the hole fuse box?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Did you try the "driver seat fix", bypassing the memory module in your driver seat? there are pics and wiring diagram at the end of the first post explaining how to bypass the memory module. Power doesn't flow to memory seats directly to the switch, it goes through the module, so you need to bypass it.
Sponsored

Drakan_pl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550 V6 2015
Did you try the "driver seat fix", bypassing the memory module in your driver seat? there are pics and wiring diagram at the end of the first post explaining how to bypass the memory module. Power doesn't flow to memory seats directly to the switch, it goes through the module, so you need to bypass it.
Yeah. Like i said. I did the driver seat fix, and bypassed the memory module. Checked the connections. There is 12V coming to the base connector of the drivers seat, and i checked the connections. All should be working well. Is there a way to check if the motors aren't broken?

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base with PP
I did add memory to my seat, it involved changing the driver door harness with one ordered from the dealership so you can plug in the driver door module, also relocating few pins in the driver door main harness by the hinch to accommodate the new harness. As the pin out is not the same. I think I have another thread on how it is done. Look it up. There should be the wiring diagrams and pin outs.
I did a search of your threads and didn’t see one for adding seat memory specifically. Glad to look at your info if you can help me locate it? I just got the entire door harness w module and memory door bezel (has the 3 extra seat memory buttons of course) from the same seller who sent me the seats so here’s a shout out to Mars Modern Muscle Cars, they’re great to work with.

A9F5FA26-BF0F-4FF2-B031-20D977F24218.jpeg

OP
OP

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
I did a search of your threads and didn’t see one for adding seat memory specifically. Glad to look at your info if you can help me locate it? I just got the entire door harness w module and memory door bezel (has the 3 extra seat memory buttons of course) from the same seller who sent me the seats so here’s a shout out to Mars Modern Muscle Cars, they’re great to work with.

Please send me a private message with you phone number so we can text. Much easier. Your best friend in this project will be the pin out for door harness... you will only need few wires from this harness added to your current door harness to make it work. Similar to heated/cooled seats, the door module will need power (+/-) and data lines (mscan +/-) and it will work...

Sponsored

OP
OP

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)

attached the harness pin out. Just to get you excited, if you can get the driver door module mscan +/- from the obd (gateway module) or from the door connector and give it power, the driver seat will start to slide back and forth when you start the car and shut it off.
the pin out should give you an idea which wires to borrow from the donor car and add to your current door harness. we can text if you send me your number

Attachments

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
I have the harness between the seats for sale, pm me if interested.

FrankenTruck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stanley
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang
For anyone adapting the seats to something other than a newer mustang. Wiring diagrams are a little difficult to read because they are broken up by system instead of a full harness. In mine, I need to only have power, seatbelt chime (maybe), and CAN bus. For the other, I need to have the full seat to seat connection.

Attachments

Last edited:

twhitley66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Hi,

Just wondering if you managed to get this to work? I contacted them to see if they could provide a wiring diagram, but they can't.

They stated they could provide the rocker switch, wires and control unit, but not sure how well it would work.

Have you figured this out yet? I also ordered these switches and would like to run them independently without the mustang head unit or switches.

twhitley66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
More diagrams attached. Please note there are PDFs attached to the original post for more detailed wiring diagrams.
I printed all of them and spent night looking at them and building the whole thing in my mind, until the light bulb went off and started testing and everything worked :-)
The C315 connector in this diagram is the second connector in the passenger seat. The C3808 connector is the second connector on the driver seat. You can see the wiring between them, straight forward (pin 1 to pin 1 and so forth). One single harness. It doesn't go anywhere else.
The last pic is for the passenger seat wiring to the h/c module, which is already there, you don't have to do it. Since the h/c module is already under the passenger seat and already wired.
Driver HC Seat.jpg
HC Module.jpg
Passenger HC Seat.jpg
Hi,

Thank you for the wiring diagram. I'm buying 2017 powered non-memory seats to put into a 66 mustang. So I don't have sync to connect to and trying to work out how to get the heating and cooling to work with a rocker switch and relays.

What I'm thinking is:

I need to bypass the SCME. The wires I need are the DBWLR+/- (which i think is the power for both the blower units in the driver's seat) and DCHSTED+/- (which i think is the power for the TED unit in the driver's cushion) and the DBKTED+/- (which i think is the power for the TED unit in the driver's backrest). I wouldnt need the sensors for the seats. I'm not sure what the last wire is for (DCHSCBLWCTL - driver cushion blower... control?). Im thinking it might be the override for the blower if the sensor determines the unit is getting too hot/cold? So I think two relays are required, one for the blowers and another one for the TEDs which can reverse the polarity to make it hot or cold. And somewhere in all of that reduce from 12v to 8v. What do you guys think?

Sponsored

FrankenTruck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stanley
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang
Hi,

Thank you for the wiring diagram. I'm buying 2017 powered non-memory seats to put into a 66 mustang. So I don't have sync to connect to and trying to work out how to get the heating and cooling to work with a rocker switch and relays.

What I'm thinking is:

I need to bypass the SCME. The wires I need are the DBWLR+/- (which i think is the power for both the blower units in the driver's seat) and DCHSTED+/- (which i think is the power for the TED unit in the driver's cushion) and the DBKTED+/- (which i think is the power for the TED unit in the driver's backrest). I wouldnt need the sensors for the seats. I'm not sure what the last wire is for (DCHSCBLWCTL - driver cushion blower... control?). Im thinking it might be the override for the blower if the sensor determines the unit is getting too hot/cold? So I think two relays are required, one for the blowers and another one for the TEDs which can reverse the polarity to make it hot or cold. And somewhere in all of that reduce from 12v to 8v. What do you guys think?
I’m building a can bus controller out of an Arduino. Using seat buttons from a Chevy traverse. I need the can bus messages and then I’ll have full heat/cool control that would work in a classic car.

delox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang
Just a follow up for those looking to use these seats not in Mustangs. In order to enable heat/cooling, follow these:

This video will help with locating the wires involved. The diagram below is how I actually wired mine to enable both heat and cool, as the youtube video only shows how to enable cool.

I also opted to run the full 12v. From what Ive gathered, others have run 12v for years and the fans/TED's have held up.
(Here is the source for the diagram, youll need to register to see photos, but this one was the most important https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/heated-cooled-power-leather-seats.31630/)

672b7acfb3fab2a3393caef1b11188c1.png

FrankenTruck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stanley
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang
That’s easier than an Arduino. Will be my fallback if I can’t get the right bus messages.

Adam h

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Update:
For anyone interested, 18-20 mustangs are plug and play. You don’t have to tap into the memory module to make them work. Of course, you still need to make a harness and connect them together if you want to enable heating/cooling. That’s the next step that I will be doing.
Hey so I have a 2020 and was looking at installing some 401a leather seats out of a 2019 that I believe have memory option I just want to verify that everything will work without modification (I know heated and cooled won’t work) just worried about all power controls working

jamoroso9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost PP, 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Track
Hey so I have a 2020 and was looking at installing some 401a leather seats out of a 2019 that I believe have memory option I just want to verify that everything will work without modification (I know heated and cooled won’t work) just worried about all power controls working
They will work. I put some in my 2019 base that had manual seats.
Sponsored