Sponsored

how many of you are thinking of canceling and geting something new

1badstang

Threads
Reaction score
Hey everyone my car was built n finished sept 9th but has been sitting ever since. Still no update if my car was even looked at yet. My thing is I need a car now I sold everything I have back in July besides my 71 mach 1 which I been using everyday n can't do it any more!! I found another 2 exact cars coming in nov 11th n there is one in transit which is 2 n half hrs away which I m going to try and get. If not a local dealer is Getting a 2015 challenger SRT 8 Monday which I might have to end up getting. Is anyone else thinking about getting another car??
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of us have been waiting for close to (or more than) a full year. It doesn't hurt to be patient. Depends on how badly you want the car. Weigh out the short and long term consequences.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I would have cancelled my order if I could have found a brand new GHIG Boss 302. I did find one but they wanted too much for a car sitting on the lot for 2 years.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I looked at and drove a ZL1 the other day. Liked the handling and power but nothing else. Waiting for my 15 GT PP to arrive. Cannot wait and beyond excited.

Sponsored

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
You should just buy a cheap beater to putt around in! Then when your Mustang arrives it will feel a million times better :thumbsup:

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
No, and if you can't wait maybe you can find something in a dealer lot and just buy now!

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
I looked at and drove a ZL1 the other day. Liked the handling and power but nothing else. Waiting for my 15 GT PP to arrive. Cannot wait and beyond excited.
Good stuff! F Chevy and F Camaro!

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Hey everyone my car was built n finished sept 9th but has been sitting ever since. Still no update if my car was even looked at yet. My thing is I need a car now I sold everything I have back in July besides my 71 mach 1 which I been using everyday n can't do it any more!! I found another 2 exact cars coming in nov 11th n there is one in transit which is 2 n half hrs away which I m going to try and get. If not a local dealer is Getting a 2015 challenger SRT 8 Monday which I might have to end up getting. Is anyone else thinking about getting another car??
I beg to differ. YOUR car has not been built yet, if you indeed have a retail order. The Sept. 9th built car is a Stock order and your dealer may have built it based on your specs, but it does not have your name on it.

It's a Pre-OKTB car, and thus subject to long QC and potential destruction prior to being released. It's one of the drawbacks of having a Stock order pre-reserved for you, and one of the reasons some dealers would never reserve a stock order for a retail buyer.

Because the car is built first, we all assumed they'd also be shipped first. However, clearly we were mistaken, even though there were people here warning this could happen. Of course, it also adds frustration when there actually are some of the Stock orders being shipped out (ones built close to OKTB), and ending up in hands of people that just happened to walk into the dealer at the right time.

It's just inevitable that some people will be on the losing end of delivery of their order and some will be on the winning end. I'm right there with all the Stock Order folks as my car is also one of these (although not built until after OKTB) and at times I'm ready to tell the dealer to just sell the damn thing to someone else and I'll buy some 10 year old Mustang to drive until the '16s come out. Then I realize I'm probably being a little bit obsessed over a silly car and it's probably best to just take a step back, relax, and it'll all be over in a month or two.

There's always going to be people that have it easier than you do, and there will always be people that will have it more difficult. Just be thankful waiting for a car to be delivered is the worst thing happening in your life at the moment.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
"There's always going to be people that have it easier than you do, and there will always be people that will have it more difficult. Just be thankful waiting for a car to be delivered is the worst thing happening in your life at the moment"

Wish more thought like that.

Sponsored

Cochese

Sweet Baby James, PX, PY
Threads
Reaction score

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
Maybe we should all hold off until FoMo and its workers start putting real PRIDE back in the product they are making!

DeColores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB DD V6 w UltraGripICE THULE Chains
I beg to differ. YOUR car has not been built yet, if you indeed have a retail order. The Sept. 9th built car is a Stock order and your dealer may have built it based on your specs, but it does not have your name on it.

It's a Pre-OKTB car, and thus subject to long QC and potential destruction prior to being released. It's one of the drawbacks of having a Stock order pre-reserved for you, and one of the reasons some dealers would never reserve a stock order for a retail buyer.

Because the car is built first, we all assumed they'd also be shipped first. However, clearly we were mistaken, even though there were people here warning this could happen. Of course, it also adds frustration when there actually are some of the Stock orders being shipped out (ones built close to OKTB), and ending up in hands of people that just happened to walk into the dealer at the right time.

It's just inevitable that some people will be on the losing end of delivery of their order and some will be on the winning end. I'm right there with all the Stock Order folks as my car is also one of these (although not built until after OKTB) and at times I'm ready to tell the dealer to just sell the damn thing to someone else and I'll buy some 10 year old Mustang to drive until the '16s come out. Then I realize I'm probably being a little bit obsessed over a silly car and it's probably best to just take a step back, relax, and it'll all be over in a month or two.

There's always going to be people that have it easier than you do, and there will always be people that will have it more difficult. Just be thankful waiting for a car to be delivered is the worst thing happening in your life at the moment.
Thank you, that helps me understand the Matrix of my waiting.