Sponsored

How I got to my Mach 1

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
I’m going today for the front splitter. They just didn’t have it on because it would drag if they drove it into the showroom. And service was closed when I bought it Saturday, and there’s no way I wasn’t going home in it.:crackup:

Do the front wheel moldings come standard with the handling package? Those weren’t mentioned - I was already looking dor aftermarket ones to add.
Unfortunately the front wheel moldings aren't shipped with the car. Ford sends them separately and they may end up in the parts department.
Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Jimmy Dean, any chance you’re the guy on TIgerDroppings that ordered one in March?
no, I don't use TD much. I could have, Robinson bros and All Star both called me asking if I wanted one of their allocations, but neither would come close to the price Granger quoted me. so I ordered through Granger in June.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
@Thumpa
What was the options list if I may ask?

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Thumpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
If you see one in Baton Rouge real soon, it’s probably just me visiting my son at LSU.:)

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
If you see one in Baton Rouge real soon, it’s probably just me visiting my son at LSU.:)
just stay on that side of town :crackup:. I am avoiding certain dealerships that I know have one right now, like will not even drive past them. I have yet to see a Mach 1 in person.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
FYI, if you want to see what one looks like up close in race red, I'm probably driving up to LSU next Tues. or Wed. to let my son see it. If you want to meet up somewhere close to there, you can check it out.
I’ll pass, hoping to avoid seeing one until I pull into granger

Sponsored

Thumpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I’ll pass, hoping to avoid seeing one until I pull into granger
I had that discussion with my salesman son today (while they fixed my suspension problem). On one hand, one might be anxious to see a car similar to what they are getting after so many production delays. On the other hand, there is the thrill of seeing YOUR car for the first time. I totally understand that feeling. When I bought my ‘19 C7 Grand Sport out of Tennessee, I had never seen the Sebring Orange in person. And I must have looked at every photo and video that existed of that color - and it looks different in every picture! As I got close to the dealership after a 500+ mile drive, I rejoiced that it was a bright sunny day. My car looked absolutely glorious when I caught my first glimpse of it. Thrilling feeling indeed.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I have to agree Thumpa. Both my 70 Challenger, and 85 Z28 were test driven before I bought them. There was just something special about seeing the 2 Mustangs I bought for the first when I pulled in on the dealer's lot.
I didn't know if I was going to like Ingot Silver on my 13 Mustang GT, but I fell in love at first sight. The Magnet Grey 19, PP2 just gleamed when I saw it for the first time. Attracting people on the lot like moths to a light at night. It's almost like finding out your blind date is with Dita Vontease.
Sponsored