How hard is it to install lowering springs

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Just becuause its tracking straight does not equate to not needing an alignment, I would suggest at least getting it on a rack to get a clear understanding of what the alignment looks like. Congrats on the new drop though! Sounds like it went smooth.
Since I didn't get camber bolts or plates i couldn't do anything about the negative camber I gained anyways. I didn't touch anything that would change toe.
Tires are wearing well with just a bit more wear on the inside which was expected due to the drop. Now let me explain what I meant by tracking straight, If I had felt the least bit of wander or float on my subsequent trip to 175mph my next stop would have been an alignment shop, but at this point by any objective measure I don't need to spend 120 euro to fix what isn't broken.
Sponsored

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
I'm a start I'm about to start taking the car apart and All the videos I have seen with installation people take off the bolts and reuse all the same ones. Just bolting down no additional materials being used. I'm glancing over the steeda instructions, and they say to use red Loctite on the swaybar end link studs and nuts mounting to the sway bar end. They say without doing this they will come loose. Did anybody install this without using the red Loctite? And if so has your suspension come loose?

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
OK, so I got the red Loctite, continue working on the car. Lo and behold I don't need a 24 mm socket, I need a 24 mm deep socket to remove the strut spindle mounting bolts. I was able to use a wrench to get them off, but I'm going to need a deep one to get to keep them on. So I went to the store and buy a 24 mm deep socket's. Then I got back home took everything off, started compressing the spring on the strut, and then started trying to unbolt the top strut nut. Guess what, the entire strut rod continues to spin. Parent Lee I need an impact gun, or a specialty open and socket to be able to turn the top not and use a separate socket to hold to the rod. This kind of sucks. A lot. Heading back to the store now.

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Get yourself a 21mm strut socket. Some folks don't have issues, I wasn't so lucky and had to deal with the spinning strut. Different techniques for working without the specialty socket. You can search the forum for techniques
I cannot find these techniques anywhere. Could you help me?

OP
OP
tcman54

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I will be watching your progress DS, I am considering doing the same exact thing, I got my springs, bushings and alignment sleeves, just not sure I want to try this myself.

I would have to get or rent a spring compressor and get a 21mm strut socket, other than that I got everything else I think, lol.

Terry
Sponsored