Sponsored

How do you rate the QC of your pony?

CaptainCrash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
There is really no excuse for some of these cars making it out the factory. This is not the first new car (first year) Ford or other car companies have produced. The QC process is broken, if this many vehicles can make it out the factory without ford knowing of these issues. But I would guess they know too well of these issues (working to fix them) and decided it would be easier/cheaper to push the issue down stream to the dealer network. Why? Probably the cost of fixing these vehicles at the factory. Were would they fix this many cars and how long it would take them to fix these is why they have done this. How many people would they need to repair these cars in a timely manner? There is no excuse in this day and age for these cars being sent out, apart from cost. - If it was a safety issue it would be fixed I am sure of that.

Still waiting on mine. If it's not right, it will be fixed (if there are any issues) to my liking before a hand over any money. And if I get told like some have that's the best that can be done and I am not happy then I will not spend the 38K, I worked so hard to earn. I will congratulate the dealer on there purchase of a new mustang and walk.

Now I will be taking a friend with me when I pick my the car - the reason for this is simple - Buying a mustang is for most an emotional purchase, I will be excited my new car has arrived - I am not the best person in that state to make decisions on taking delivery if there are issues, when surrounded by salesman.

Taking delivery and fighting over the quality of the repairs with the dealer and ford is not something that will make this purchasing experience the one I am sure we are all looking for. - I have seen one guy have his door fixed with touch paint after it was rubbing the front fender. Unbelievable anybody would present this to a customer as a fix on a new car and expect them to ever purchase another vehicle from them again.

Just my 2 cents
Sponsored

Last edited:

Catfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2003 Cobra, 2015 GT PP
There is really no excuse for some of these cars making it out the factory. This is not the first new car (first year) Ford or other car companies have produced. The QC process is broken, if this many vehicles can make it out the factory without ford knowing of these issues. But I would guess they know too well of these issues (working to fix them) and decided it would be easier/cheaper to push the issue down stream to the dealer network. Why? Probably the cost of fixing these vehicles at the factory. Were would they fix this many cars and how long it would take them to fix these is why they have done this. How many people would they need to repair these cars in a timely manner? There is no excuse in this day and age for these cars being sent out, apart from cost. - If it was a safety issue it would be fixed I am sure of that.

Still waiting on mine. If it's not right, it will be fixed (if there are any issues) to my liking before a hand over any money. And if I get told like some have that's the best that can be done and I am not happy then I will not spend the 38K, I worked so hard to earn. I will congratulate the dealer on there purchase of a new mustang and walk.

Now I will be taking a friend with me when I pick my the car - the reason for this is simple - Buying a mustang is for most an emotional purchase, I will be excited my new car has arrived - I am not the best person in that state to make decisions on taking delivery if there are issues, when surrounded by salesman.

Taking delivery and fighting over the quality of the repairs with the dealer and ford is not something that will make this purchasing experience the one I am sure we are all looking for. - I have seen one guy have his door fixed with touch paint after it was rubbing the front fender. Unbelievable anybody would present this to a customer as a fix on a new car and expect them to ever purchase another vehicle from them again.

Just my 2 cents
Exactly. You are not bound to buy anything that is not satisfactory to you. Between the wife and I, we buy at least one new car a year. It gets gone over really good before any hands are shook. Just because something is new, doesn't mean it will be flawless. There are many times and places a vehicle can be damaged before it is sold.

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
My GT came with a couple of minor issues.

Gap between the front of the hood and fascia on the passenger side is about 1 to 2 mm off.

On the drivers side, the front of the fender isn't flush with the front fascia. (Right above the tire, towards the front)

Paint is flawless with no other body alignment problems.

Best overall Stang was my 08 GT, but only 6 months of ownership with 4k on the clock. Worse was actually my 03 ROUSH...all by Ford though. So my rating is around 9/10 for our 15 GT.

Don't want to jinx it so knocking on wood.
The miss alignment between the fender in the nose panel on the side of the car near the wheel can be adjusted. I had them adjusted on my car.
Ron

skiski329

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, Manual
I think it's going to be important how Ford dealers responds to the QC issues. Will they fix it with no problem, no questions asked? or will it be an interrogation, a few visits, and possibly requiring to go to another dealer?

I hope there won't be many QC issues, but the service to correct them will be much more important to me, and will be the deciding factor if i stick with ford or go to another brand. Especially since i'm already on a bad foot with the sales process, looking back on it, i should have walked and went to another dealer. But i will give them a double or nothing chance to redeem themselves when i go to pick up and do the paperwork.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
The miss alignment between the fender in the nose panel on the side of the car near the wheel can be adjusted. I had them adjusted on my car.
Ron
Indeed, dealer will adjust both these issues when I bring her in for my first oil change. Free oil changes for 2 years with the purchase.

Before I took delivery, dealer checked the car out thoroughly and informed me the very next day after arrival of these 2 minor hiccups. I was given the option to have it done before I took her home; told them when I come in after 1k on the clock.

Apparently my dealership is automatically quality checking newly arrived Mustangs due to the build issues. Nice to see that someone cares about the cars they are selling. Galpin Ford being the largest volume Ford dealer in the world has a reputation to uphold.:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Mine was built 10/28/14. Absolutely no issues. I feel badly for those of you who have chips, bubbles, wrong equipment and assorted weirdness. But I have seen none of that. My car is built to a very high standard.

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
Indeed, dealer will adjust both these issues when I bring her in for my first oil change. Free oil changes for 2 years with the purchase.

Before I took delivery, dealer checked the car out thoroughly and informed me the very next day after arrival of these 2 minor hiccups. I was given the option to have it done before I took her home; told them when I come in after 1k on the clock.

Apparently my dealership is automatically quality checking newly arrived Mustangs due to the build issues. Nice to see that someone cares about the cars they are selling. Galpin Ford being the largest volume Ford dealer in the world has a reputation to uphold.:thumbsup:
That is were I bought my GT. I had GAS do all of my performance modifications I work with Sean there, in fact he's the one that fix the fender alignment .
Ron

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Ours went into production 2/6. Awaiting shipment was 3/12. I've heard of cars being built in 2 weeks.

Makes me think rush the job and QC suffers.

@ Ron, funny you mentioned GAS, gonna see them about lowering our Stang. Although I can do it myself, I'm not too thrilled about our car sitting on 4 jackstands while I am working on her. Maybe my previous Ponys but not this one.

Last edited:

SDEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Convertible
My EB was built in Oct 2014 and I picked her up on 28 Nov 14. No time on the lot. It was not an order car. I just picked the dealer farthest away to start my test drives. I planned to work my way home, hitting two other dealers, in two towns on the way. But, I test drove it and bought it on the spot. They spent almost two hours prepping it and I was there, drinking coffee and talking to the salesman. I also ordered my spare tire kit. When it was brought out to me, I crawled all over it, to include the trunk and under the hood. The paint is flawless (I have waxed it three times just to be sure). No rattles or squeaks in over 4400 miles.

The salesman asked me why I was buying an early, first year car and I told him I felt Ford would be looking closely at the early ones (new model), and the assembly line was still running at less then full capacity giving the workers more time on each car. I was hoping they would get it right. If I was wrong, there was always 2016.

I am quite happy with the QC. Whatever team built this one did an exceptional job.

Last edited:

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP
My post on page #2 puts it into perspective. I hardly expect perfection in a 35 k car as I pointed out in it.

These are NEW cars. That's great Ford sells a bazillion. No one here would have guessed that. So does every other manufacturer and you think walking a Kia lot you'll find all these cars with these bad panel alignment issues? Mismatched interior parts? Mismatched exterior parts? And this is the buyers fault as much as Fords? Give me a break.

Point is shouldn't have to do all that crap to get a car done right. If you do its a QC issue. Not a buyers issue for not eye googling every panel and change lighting.
if kia drivers cared enough to make a forum and post about those shitty cars, im sure youd find quite a few that had their issues..

Sponsored

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
My GT came with a couple of minor issues.

Gap between the front of the hood and fascia on the passenger side is about 1 to 2 mm off.

On the drivers side, the front of the fender isn't flush with the front fascia. (Right above the tire, towards the front)

mine has almost the exact same mismatch between the fender and fascia.

rbeaudo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustgang GT Premium A10 VB Roush charged
I had the exact same problem on the drivers side fascia fender mismatch to the point the clips popped out. also had a spot on the front fascia were the factory wet sanded a spot in the clear and did not polish it back out. Other problems passenger rear quarter panel looks like the factory repaired a large dent and did a very poor job not only can you see it you can feel it. The last thing is the car is at the dealer now getting all these thing fixed plus having new brakes put on all the way around Front brakes squealing(covered by TSB) and the rear the rotors are all scared up look like they have 40,000 miles on them.

sicK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT
The only issue I noticed with mine was a small spot (size of a dime) on the lower fascia that looks like faded/discolored. Dealer is going to resolve this for me.

TeddysStang

1st time Stang owner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
CarolinaCarConnections.info
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium GT - 20" wheels
My 2006 Acura TL was bought new and I had some serious IP gaps and misalignments and there was an obvious repaint job on the A Pillar by the driver side front door. But since the car never gave me hardly any troubles in it's 165K miles, I let it go. I also had a brand new 2003 Mercedes E320 that was a piece of Junk. It stayed in the shop for mostly electronic gremlins. So not all German cars are made with superior quality. So far with the Stang I am pretty much satisfied considering the price and it's a Ford. No major issues as far as I can tell so far. Although I wasn't expecting Rolls Royce hand built quality. LOL.

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
Ours went into production 2/6. Awaiting shipment was 3/12. I've heard of cars being built in 2 weeks.

Makes me think rush the job and QC suffers.

@ Ron, funny you mentioned GAS, gonna see them about lowering our Stang. Although I can do it myself, I'm not too thrilled about our car sitting on 4 jackstands while I am working on her. Maybe my previous Ponys but not this one.
They did a good job with my springs and exhaust system. They did both in less than a day.
Ron
Sponsored