Sponsored

how do you check your stock charge pipes?

ecoboost2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
I want to see if my charge pipes are connected properly, how do i do this? which pipes are the charge pipes? Thank you.
Sponsored

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
the stock pipes are black rubber hoses. if you open your hood and are looking directly at your car, to the left of the engine is the turbo. there's 2 large pipes connected to it. 1 will be the intake, the other will be the charge pipe. the charge pipe will go down towards the bottom of you front bumper where it connects to the intercooler

to the right side of the engine coming up from the bottom of your bumper will be the other charge pipe. it is also black rubber and connects from the intercooler to the throttle body

this video will probably explain it better than i did:

you'll be able to check the side of the pipe that connects directly to the turbo, as well as the side of the pipe that connects directly to the throttle body, by just popping the hood and looking in. to check the connections to the intercooler you will need to lift the car somehow. i changed my pipes using ramps and wheel chocks, and then crawling underneath without issue. you'll need to remove the bottom rain shield to do so. it isn't particularly difficult, there's a few clips to remove as well as a number of 8mm bolts

OP
OP

ecoboost2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
what is this part? its not the blow off valve is it? whatever it is the hose that connects to it comes off a bit easy, is that normal?
20190421_153859.jpg
20190421_153952.jpg

OP
OP

ecoboost2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Like the other thread, the hose should click into place, check out the clip at the end of the hose to see if its broken or not right if it doesn't click on
I don't think its clicking in. Is this the PVC hose ? I was under the impression that PVC hose was on the driver side. This hose is on the passenger side by the blow off valve.
Sponsored