Horrible to see this

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
That’s pretty sad. 🥺 I guess we will know more once his/her NOK is notified.

There was another incident of a 14 yr old in Ohio 4 days ago but he’s not dead and is luckier. A 14 year old should not be driving and should not be in a police chase. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
This is why bumper laws have been scrutinized. That bumper was way too high. Rather than be a point of impact, it guillotined the guy. Not sure if trailers have the save requirements but I know lifted trucks have the same issue which is why lifted trucks have weird bumpers from the factory.

For those of you in California and might of heard of this one
At first I thought they were idiots but then noticed zero highway lights. It may have been it was too dark to see anything until it was to late. The guy who almost crashed into them seemed to start stopping a distance where headlights would reflect off the crashed cars.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
It’s hard to swerve going that fast. Roads or highways being dark, not paying attention, and medical issues at times make it hard unfortunately. That mustang crash is pretty brutal and the Cali video is scary AF.

Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
For those of you in California and might of heard of this one
I was about to post this video myself. I just seen it friday. Crazy. Glad of the person to stop and try and light the scene the best he could. Maybe pointing the light at oncoming cars in a wigwag fashion to help gather attention possibly may have helped a little more but sometimes your thought process doesnt work like that in the moment

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately this stuff happens at the blink of an eye. I was stopped behind a pile up back in 2003 and some ass hat rear ended me at 50 mph. Needless to say my car was totaled but luckily I walked away without a scratch.

B9556F6C-9E45-4ABA-9EE8-E1F67605167B.jpeg

48A60536-B94D-46B8-AEFD-589E220EDC48.jpeg

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Unfortunately this stuff happens at the blink of an eye. I was stopped behind a pile up back in 2003 and some ass hat rear ended me at 50 mph. Needless to say my car was totaled but luckily I walked away without a scratch.

B9556F6C-9E45-4ABA-9EE8-E1F67605167B.jpeg

48A60536-B94D-46B8-AEFD-589E220EDC48.jpeg
I constantly fear of being rear ended when at a standstill due to construction, collision ahead, etc. Due to distracted driving or rubber-necking.

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
One thing that the Cali video showed me is that I need to get flares for my emergency kit. That car went from what looked like minor damage with guy walking around to a totaled car and unsure if he got hurt

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
Watched the news story.
1. Occurred at 4:00 AM
2. Flashers were on the Semi in the news video
3. Semi was on the shoulder at impact

I am not familiar with the road conditions there at 4am on a Saturday but I would guess few cars. Making assumptions helps nobody. An educated guess would be alcohol, fatigue, or alcohol and fell asleep. Theres also the possibility of a medical emergency. Looks possible that the semi was stopped. This happens way too often where workers or others are hit on a shoulder by an impaired driver. Not to sound harsh but at least the person doing nothing wrong was not killed. Its sad that anyone died from something preventable.

Red sports car…so much for feeding the stereotype. Is that an intercooler?
Those are all good points, looks like this driver was not paying attention for whatever reason. I don't own a GT, but I would think the brakes are certainly adequate. Unless there was a mechanical failure, highly unlikely but possible. ☹

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
R.I.P. to the driver. Without knowing the exact details, we do know it was a very high rate of speed when the crash happened. Things like this help me keep the cell phone down. So does driving a manual. I'll text you later once I get to where I'm going. Long or late trips, give yourself breaks. Be safe out there.