Sponsored

Horn Button Covers

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
Sweet! How did the cover come off the airbag? I've had the airbag out but did not try to take the cover off. Thinking if the cover was anchored to just one side and glued down, it would stay with just one side of the airbag cut line during deployment. That was what I did for my attempt. No way to test without detonating an airbag but pretty sure it would not interfere. With your design I could actually put a genuine set of pilot wings on that =D
The airbag cover is held on with 6 "clips". They are actually protrusions that are made into the airbag and clip into the airbag cover. On the one that I designed it is only touching the airbag cover around the perimeter where the stock chrome ring is. I could design the pins to be stronger on one side than the other so that maybe if the airbag deployed it would break the pins on one side but not the other. But like you said, there is only really one way to test it.
Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
So the drawing in post 2 was used to print the one in the picture just below it. It has the pins so it should be good with just not melting the pins on the small side of the cut line. It would hold it in place but make it so if deployed, the entire disc would remain on the left side. I take it you removed the chrome ring to do the test fit?

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
So the drawing in post 2 was used to print the one in the picture just below it. It has the pins so it should be good with just not melting the pins on the small side of the cut line. It would hold it in place but make it so if deployed, the entire disc would remain on the left side. I take it you removed the chrome ring to do the test fit?
Yes it was printed from that drawing. The chrome ring is removed as well as the horse. There is a lip that fits into the groove where the chrome ring was.
Sponsored