Sponsored

Hood Strut Build

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
After reseaching the available strut systems offered here . I have determined that this is really a D.I.Y. Project and undertook the approach to purchase the necessarry hardware to install Struts to the S550 .

My first purchases were from an O Reilly's Auto Parts ..there I purchased 2 Hood Struts with a weight capacity of 92 lbs and the necessary carriers to fasten to the 4 L brackets to support the Hood . Cost $20.00 each out the door ..next I needed 4 L brackets ..I found an L bar with a dimension of 1 1/2 " by 2 " I cut 2 Brackets at 3 1/2 " for the hood mounts and drilled the holes accordingly for positioning to the hood . For the 2 bottom L brackets I found by chance I only needed the hardware to fasten to the Body of the S550 consdering positioning of others of similair geometry .. I used an oversized washers and trimmed each washer to slide inside the existing holes for Mounting the L Brackets ... you will need Nuts and Bolts , I found 2 bolts and 4 Nuts of 8mm. Fit fine fòr the required application .
20151206_174659.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian V

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
For more specific Pics .. Burp ...

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Great project! I'd love to see more detailed pics.
S.
Sponsored