Hood heat extractors

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
hi guys. i know i saw it somewhere but i can't find it on this forum about hood vents/heat extractors. can we get them somewhere and is it legal? thanks, tom

awaiting my black GT fastback. ordered july 2-15 ( no VIN yet)
Sponsored

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
hi guys. i know i saw it somewhere but i can't find it on this forum about hood vents/heat extractors. can we get them somewhere and is it legal? thanks, tom

awaiting my black GT fastback. ordered july 2-15 ( no VIN yet)
They were in the NZ aftermarket parts thread.

They stock the roush heat extractor vents in NZ by the look of it. However, I doubt it includes fitment.

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
They are also apparently not compliant with Australian safety standards. According to Ford AU

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
They are also apparently not compliant with Australian safety standards. According to Ford AU
That's not correct, they aren't compliant with EU safety standards. I was told by someone at FoMoCo Australia that it was to create efficiencies in production aka reducing costs

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
That's not correct, they aren't compliant with EU safety standards. I was told by someone at FoMoCo Australia that it was to create efficiencies in production aka reducing costs
Mmmmm interesting. Not that I am surprised that ford AU got it wrong again

Sponsored

dreabc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I think its also important to highlight that Ford AU are telling people its because they don't comply with AU regs. This is certainly what they told me. When I asked them to explain the vents on the VF2 SSV, I got a lot of nonsensical random words.

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Its just easy for them to say 'if it didnt come with the car its not legal' whether thats the case or not. That covers their asses and they arent going to make money on you modding things that they dont offer themselves, why would they waste time answering questions correctly rather than conviniently.

They dont care once you have handed over the money. Until its service time.

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
Its just easy for them to say 'if it didnt come with the car its not legal' whether thats the case or not. That covers their asses and they arent going to make money on you modding things that they dont offer themselves, why would they waste time answering questions correctly rather than conviniently.

They dont care once you have handed over the money. Until its service time.
Well if they are not careful I will be pulling my order and I will buy one in a few years second hand, or the new Monaro

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
This Was my conversation with them about it....

ME > FORDAU
I don't understand what you are trying to say about the issue with the lights. Current falcon and focus have LED lights in head lights and how can they comply with the rules and mustang does not?
As for the vents in the bonnet top of the line commodore has vents in their bonnet and i'm sure they have active bonnet as well as Mercedes Benz AMG C63 507 series with vents in their bonnets together with active bonnets.

How can their comply and pass all required testings and be allowed the vents in the bonnet and my mustang can not?
Same goes for rear sequential indicators, Audi A8 has it on their cars and my mustang will not have it. I feel very let down and almost ripped off based on what i was sold and what i will end up getting will be very different.

I hope Focus RS will be what all reviews are on the internet and will look like that also. If it will be the same as the mustang and look like no where near then i guess i have being ripped off twice.

Please get back to me with explanation.
MON 3:05PM

FORDAU > ME
Hi Stasik, we're merely saying the headlights don't comply with Euro standards. We're not saying they don't comply with Australian standards, but the RHD models all follow the same specification.
We can't confirm what other manufacturers do with regards to active bonnets and bonnet vents. All we can say is in order to bring the Mustang in at the price point it is sold at (compared to the price point of an AMG, for example) an engineering and product decision was made to not engineer bonnet vents with active bonnets.
As for sequential rear indicators, in the US model these use not just a sequential indicator, but the rear red brake lights. Using blinking red brake lights as indicators do not meet ADRs. You may find other manufacturers such as Audi use orange sequential lights here to meet ADRs. And again, the RHD models all follow the same specification.
We're sorry that you feel 'ripped off' but we do caution against comparing our RHD Mustang with the US model. If you spec up a US Mustang with the same features as an Australian version you should find the price to be comparable between the two.
Many thanks, FordService^JS.

ME>FORDAU
I think you are miss understanding the whole point. It like showing me a mustang and telling me that is what you are buying and then when it comes to pick it up your getting presented with a fiesta. Why not spec a car up and make it look as what we are being sold instead.
MON 5:10PM

FORDAU > ME
Hi Stasik, in a way you are correct. It's like viewing online a US Mustang and expecting the specs of a US Mustang when you order an Australian Mustang through an Australian Dealership. They are different vehicles. Due to your concerns and our desire for no misunderstandings, might we recommend you view a Mustang here in Australia personally, as we are running a Mustang Demonstrator Program with Dealerships at the moment. Contact your local Dealership who will be able to advise when their Mustang is available for viewing and a test drive. Thanks, FordService^JS

ME > FORDAU
It's a bit late now..... When I purchased mine you had a yellow US version one doing the roadshow which had lots of things that I'm not going to get.

I think it will be the same thing with the new RS focus that I'm waiting on also.

Very dissapointed

Chat Conversation End
Seen Mon 5:22pm and have never bothered replying back

:thumbsup:

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Im surprised you got a reply at all.

I hope Focus RS will be what all reviews are on the internet and will look like that also. If it will be the same as the mustang and look like no where near then i guess i have being ripped off twice.
They would-have read this line and thought.... 'someone complaining about one of our cars... but they have bought another one of our cars already..... we must be doing something right!'

I do have to agree that it was quite annoying where they said:

FORDAU > ME
Hi Stasik, in a way you are correct. It's like viewing online a US Mustang and expecting the specs of a US Mustang when you order an Australian Mustang through an Australian Dealership. They are different vehicles.
Which is clearly not the case at all... the first mustangs anyone saw in Australia, in the flesh, were the USA spec. That was not viewing online, that was ford showcasing their new car, in their dealerships to secure deposits 'for that car' which really was not the car that will be taken delivery of.

So that statement is a bit of a cop-out. The problem is they always cover themselves legally.... there will always be little fine print stating that 'vehicle shown may differ from actual model sold locally', or however you want to word it. Even other car company advertisements contain similar statements as they show European models for example.

Either way, no point complaining about it now really, they are built, they are great cars for the money, Its possible Ford could have done some market research for the Australian market, and worked out that they could have charged a little more for the inclusion of certain things that the local market would have been happier with....but that's all hindsight now.

Everyone here has experienced Fords incompetence in many areas over the last couple years concerning the Mustang specifically.
Yes its annoying, and yes Ford might even learn a thing or two from this for the future.... who knows in a couple years when they do the 6g refresh some things might change for the local models... then its up to us to hold on to the original car we purchased or re-evaluate the changes made and decide if its worth ordering the newer model.

As far as legalities go.... patience will prevail, it might take a while, but people will 'fix' certain things on these cars, and it will become clearer what the laws allow or do not allow. If anything it allows some modding to be done and further uniqueness attainable in our local market, whether that be restoring the original USA style or changing it up with some aftermarket stuff.

If hood vents are an important thing to you, there will be options, just sit back and wait for one you like to pop up.

Sponsored

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
I can cop most things sweet. Tail lights don't phase me, vents, matts whatever but the head light DRL ........ That really sticks in my craw. I am sure it won't take long for there to be a sprouting other than cutting into the existing light but shit, it is one of the stand out features and they removed it

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I can cop most things sweet. Tail lights don't phase me, vents, matts whatever but the head light DRL ........ That really sticks in my craw. I am sure it won't take long for there to be a sprouting other than cutting into the existing light but shit, it is one of the stand out features and they removed it

Yeah I agree, but there will be fixes.
It just means not every Mustang in Australia will have the tribar DRLs.... the ones that do fix them will have a car that stands out a little from the other Mustangs. :D

I just wish it was possible to buy the USA wiring harness and headlight and do a straight swap.... thats more annoying to me haha.

FrozenPea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Can someone organize a group buy for US "hoods" please? Surely if we get a pallet's worth the freight would be reasonable. Thanks.

Bakaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
They were in the NZ aftermarket parts thread.

They stock the roush heat extractor vents in NZ by the look of it. However, I doubt it includes fitment.

It includes fitting CTB are doing it. Have my car booked in next week.

2-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mystangmods.com.au
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Last edited: