Sponsored

Help with colour choice arrrgghhhh!!!

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
a black S550 looks exotic...
with the new sealants and products like cquartz and others, they stay clean and streak free!
I'm bias!:D
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I have been a member of this forum for a year and a half, and from reading the posts on color choice, it seems obvious that triple yellow is a "love it, or hate it" color.
I chose triple yellow because I guess I am in that "love it" group. I have seen other cars on the road that were yellow, and I always thought how they stood out from all the other cars out there. A very "sporty" look I think. I am not disappointed one bit in my choice.
I live in the Houston area, and I have not seen many Mustangs in yellow, But I have seen a lot of Camaros in yellow. And several imports too.
And look at the other upside of owning yellow. You never have trouble finding it in a parking lot. LOL.
I love yellow. I just couldn't see owning this one because of the triple aspect. I tend to keep some cars a long time (I still have my '78 Trans AM WS6 I ordered new) and this Mustang may be one. $h17 happens and I don't want a 3 step paint that will be a bitch to match. If this was going to be a typical 1 or 2 year car for me, I'd be all over the yellow.

R3troGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe - 2019 RAM 1500 BH
Did someone say Deep Impact Blue lol
This was the only colour choice for me

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
I love yellow. I just couldn't see owning this one because of the triple aspect. I tend to keep some cars a long time (I still have my '78 Trans AM WS6 I ordered new) and this Mustang may be one. $h17 happens and I don't want a 3 step paint that will be a bitch to match. If this was going to be a typical 1 or 2 year car for me, I'd be all over the yellow.
I hear you man. Someone "dinged" the side of my car, and I took it into the dealer for an estimate. WOW! $1300 to fix. And that is mainly because of what you said. blending, and matching the color.
I decided against fixing it for the time being, as it is really not that noticeable. In fact, unless I point it out to someone, they don't even notice.

Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I wanted Guard as my 1st choice and Magnetic as the second. Ended up with Magnetic because they could get one the day I was shopping. When I went to pick it up it was in the showroom. I didn't think it was my car because it looked like a lighter grey sitting under all the fluorescent lights. Then in the parking lot near some trees and grass another guy pointed out that it looked like it had some green in it. Since then I've noticed it reflects some of the green off of trees whenever it is near one. Kind of cool, wondering if others had noticed any color shifting like this on theirs?

I definitely notice that in different lighting the magnetic reflects many colors. At night with very low light it looks almost black but under any street lights it looks like it has a purple hue. When I first got it one of my neighbors saw it at night and thought it was purple. In direct sunlight it really pops, so much metallic in the paint and I can see silver, green, violet, and blue flecks. When it's cloudy it definitely looks green. I'm very pleased with my choice and I think Magnetic is very forgiving when dirty until your right on top of it just like silver. Magnetic really shows off the lines of the car.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

MadBeach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT Conv/'14 Jeep Wrangler Altitude
I have been a member of this forum for a year and a half, and from reading the posts on color choice, it seems obvious that triple yellow is a "love it, or hate it" color.
I chose triple yellow because I guess I am in that "love it" group. I have seen other cars on the road that were yellow, and I always thought how they stood out from all the other cars out there. A very "sporty" look I think. I am not disappointed one bit in my choice.
I live in the Houston area, and I have not seen many Mustangs in yellow, But I have seen a lot of Camaros in yellow. And several imports too.
And look at the other upside of owning yellow. You never have trouble finding it in a parking lot. LOL.
I agree! I see more yellow Camaros than Mustangs. I have owned many other colors, but I am really liking the yellow/black combination! :headbang:
IMG_0198.jpg
IMG_0209.jpg
IMG_0248.jpg

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I always planned to get a Sterling Grey Metallic Mustang (s197), when the S500 came out Magnetic was the obvious choice for me (cuz Eleanor.. :D)

In the end I got Shadow Black and totally 100% regret not getting Race Red.. Lol.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I wasn't saying silver isn't great with some color stripes. But I think some other colors with a specific color stripe look better than silver with any stripe. But for unstriped car's silver is my first choice by far. Silver with black stripes is great but for example not quite as great as white with with some stripes. But a white car without stripes is far down my list.
I agree with you there. I ended up loving ingot silver pre-stripes amd almost backed out of having them put on, but figured if I didn't like them I could always take them off. Now that they're on I think they look great too.

And yes white seems to me... very bland.

OP
OP
OZDAZ5.0

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
I agree with you there. I ended up loving ingot silver pre-stripes amd almost backed out of having them put on, but figured if I didn't like them I could always take them off. Now that they're on I think they look great too.

And yes white seems to me... very bland.
I've only seen two mustangs over here in the flesh, one the other day was a silver GT with Matt black stripes it looked awesome....the stripes made it imo.
Sponsored