Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT, 2012 Black Golf GTi
Hello,

I've been reading a lot of threads about colour choice, and as much as I know it's a personal preference, I'd like to have your opinions about the colours.

I'm located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and the S550 won't arrive until March. I've already placed an order without seeing the car in real life simply because it's not available until the first shipment arrives, and I could have waited for it to arrive to see how it looks, but all shipments are already booked till May.

That being said, one of the used car dealers imported one from the US and I got to see it. Looks beautiful, feels good sitting inside, and over all I'm glad I've placed my order.

Now the problem is I'm not sure about the colour of the car. Initially I was excited about Competition Orange. Thought it looked sporty and different. Just FYI, there's only one dealer for Ford in the country, and all the shipments arriving comes with the 50th anniversary appearance package.

Anyway, I dunno which colour should I go for. I won't get a chance to see all of them before I buy. I would like opinions from people who own the car and that's why I'm here.

Colours I don't like are Ruby Red, Oxford White, Black, Ignot Silver, and Guard. I was confused about Magnetic, thought it would look good. But the one I saw here that was imported from the US was Magnetic, and it looked okay.

My order of choice with the left colours is Competition Orange, Triple Yellow, Race Red and Deep Impact Blue.

I've always had dark coloured cars and I thought it's time to have a bright colour this time. That's why I'm having second thoughts about DIB, it's just not bright enough, though it looks good in the pictures I've seen.

Anyway, sorry for the long thread, and I hope you guys would help me out with this important choice.

Cheers.
Kashawy
Sponsored

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Comp orange gets my vote. If you don't want another dark car. Otherwise I'd go with dib. I've never liked yellow,and reds not different enough.

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
I like Competition Orange but I'm worried it's just a washed out red.

Triple Yellow is pretty nice, it's different, and it also looks nice with the 50th anniversary appearance package.

And as you mentioned Red is common, but it is still a classic.

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My order of choice with the left colours is Competition Orange, Triple Yellow, Race Red and Deep Impact Blue.
Those are all great colors. Good luck with your decision. Race Red gets my vote simply because it really appealed to me after seeing it in person. Triple Yellow was a very close second.

Highwayman

Been there.. Done that..
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kraig
Vehicle(s)
15 OW Base GT/PP/Recarros,Built STI,Built Jeep JK
DIB. Awesome color, especially in sunlight. Otherwise red. The others are a little much IMHO. They seem to scream oooohhhh, oooohhhh look at me.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I was going to get yellow but when I went to order I seen an OC sitting there and decided to go with CO on the spot, it really just boils down to what you want, take a look at the photo section here and look at some of the pictures of the different colors. It is hard though when you can not see the car in person though.

Highwayman

Been there.. Done that..
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kraig
Vehicle(s)
15 OW Base GT/PP/Recarros,Built STI,Built Jeep JK
Wish they'd roll em out in that Grabber Blue. Love that color.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I know it took me a while to force myself out of my GB, wish I would have been deciding again on Grabber blue or gotta have it green instead of TY and CO but Ford made that choice for me :(

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Comp orange gets my vote. If you don't want another dark car. Otherwise I'd go with dib. I've never liked yellow,and reds not different enough.
Seriously, Reds and Yellows (not different enough)? Yeah, guess your right. Unlike Black, White and "50" shades of Grey, LMAO.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Comp Orange...especially where you live... i can see people freaking out over the color!

Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Red will surely grab the attention of those around you. I've seen some really sharp photos of this color, as well as in person, and it can look beautiful. The only thing I dislike about it is that the accentuating lines can sometimes get washed away in bright light...

Jason Richardson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
The lighter colors would indeed work well in Dubai. All 3 between CO, Race Red, and Triple Yellow look good, Im partial to race red of course because its an amazing red. Really glows.

TurboAg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost PP 6MT
Which wheels do you want? GT, EB, or V6?

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
Those are all great colors. Good luck with your decision. Race Red gets my vote simply because it really appealed to me after seeing it in person. Triple Yellow was a very close second.
It's a tough decision. My initial first choices were either Competition Orange or Triple Yellow. But now I'm thinking Race Red is also a nice colour.

DIB. Awesome color, especially in sunlight. Otherwise red. The others are a little much IMHO. They seem to scream oooohhhh, oooohhhh look at me.
But that's not certainly a bad thing. I mean I wanna have a colour that stands out. DIB is nice (my favourite colour is Blue), but it is still a darker shade sort of.

I was going to get yellow but when I went to order I seen an OC sitting there and decided to go with CO on the spot, it really just boils down to what you want, take a look at the photo section here and look at some of the pictures of the different colors. It is hard though when you can not see the car in person though.
Exactly! Most of the pictures won't capture or show the true colour. I'm leaning towards CO but I'm worried it looks like a washed out Red. What do you think?

Comp Orange...especially where you live... i can see people freaking out over the color!
It is a nice colour, and it seems to be getting a lot of votes from you guys. And yes, anything bright and sporty would attract attention over here.

Red will surely grab the attention of those around you. I've seen some really sharp photos of this color, as well as in person, and it can look beautiful. The only thing I dislike about it is that the accentuating lines can sometimes get washed away in bright light...
Are you talking about the lines and curves of the car?

The lighter colors would indeed work well in Dubai. All 3 between CO, Race Red, and Triple Yellow look good, Im partial to race red of course because its an amazing red. Really glows.
I like Race Red, it's a classic and sporty colour. But it's also the most selling colour of all time. I'm not sure, I want something that stands out and be different. Doesn't mean I'm not considering RR, but I see a lot of Red Mustangs on the road.
And yes, lighter colours are better for the boiling heat in this country, but TBH that didn't stop me from choosing black for my current car. I want a lighter colour because it's also easy to maintain.

Which wheels do you want? GT, EB, or V6?
I'll be getting the GT Premium with the 50th anniversary appearance package. Here we are not offered many options as the US. There's no performance packages, and other additions like the Shaker sound system or the colour accent group, it depends on what the dealer would order, and you get whatever in the shipment. So for instance, the 2015 shipments will be all coming with the 50th anniversary appearance package whether you want it or not.
Sponsored