AdamIsAdam

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I agree. It's more of a drag race thing - optimizing acceleration.
This was a drag racing question. (well, from a roll, so not really drag racing in my book, but straight line acceleration nonetheless.)

And it's bench racing at its finest ;-)

As for turns, yea, that's what I said to my passenger in defense of my ego, that, and the aforementioned police concerns.
Sponsored

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
That's it, just throw some turning and braking in to even things out!
Recently, I stopped in to a body shop to get a photo inspection for insurance and noticed a very nice C6 Vette out front, automatic. Guy strolls in from the back, sees my GT350 and says, "Did you bring your pink slip?" I said, "uh, no. Why?" He says, "so we could race!" I said, "absolutely, but I get to pick the track; I'm partial to Watkins Glen. Let's say 10 laps?" That was the end of that conversation

Reactions: TDC

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
From a low speed the Shelby has a better chance due to to possible traction issues.

OP
OP
AdamIsAdam

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
That's it, just throw some turning and braking in to even things out!
Recently, I stopped in to a body shop to get a photo inspection for insurance and noticed a very nice C6 Vette out front, automatic. Guy strolls in from the back, sees my GT350 and says, "Did you bring your pink slip?" I said, "uh, no. Why?" He says, "so we could race!" I said, "absolutely, but I get to pick the track; I'm partial to Watkins Glen. Let's say 10 laps?" That was the end of that conversation
LOL. I like that one! Only problem is, I'm an old school muscle car guy. I know, I bought the wrong Shelby Mustang! LOL (But I still like to row my own gears; I'm not racing for money I'm just having fun on the street mostly.)

Oh, and yea, understatement of the century: this car is at home on the track. Wow! (the one with all the turns in it ;-)
Sponsored