Sponsored

Hellcat highest american HP? not anymore...meet the Hennessey HPE700

S550_Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium PP
Basic reading class? I have a degree from Northwestern University.

I didn't read the article and took the other guy's word for it on price. Excuse me. I was posting from my phone. Now that I see the quoted excerpt, I see where he was wrong. But you really don't have to be such a dick about it.

Anyway, the rest of the comparison is still valid. It's not a stock car, it's pricey, and it only has a few more horsepower.
You were the second one to make the same mistake. I didn't single you out. You call me a dick, after you acted like one towards the OP... Childish. You don't even read the article and then post about it like what you said is fact.

"You're bragging about 10 more HP on a kit car that costs 40k more?"
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
$60K including price of the car= Total cost
$60K on top of the price of the car=Additional 60K, 90 total.

However Hennessey said it was 60K including, thus the upgrade package is actually just shy of 30K in addition to the car.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
No need for insults for such a minor thing. Let's stop with the arguing and get back on topic.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
I really like the rear bumper and more substantial diffuser (although a better picture would help a bit). That front splitter may just be a little too substantial though.

I like that they didn't go with a hood scoop though. Very sexy car. Oh, love the wheels.

I get there is a market for people that just want a bad ass 'one trick pony' car, so the Hellcat is just their ticket. I just don't see that being a huge market (not to mention it's Mopar which shrinks the market that much more). I think it's a cool car though, as far as cars go. Just the fact that they had the ballz to build a car with those specs as a production car is pretty cool. Although perhaps that's the kind of decisions that led to them taking a bailout.

Hopefully the S550 will be such a huge success and finally top the Camaro in sales that they'll be given the green light to get just as obnoxious with a production version that reaches well into the 600s. Competition is great.

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
s550 Mustgant GT W/PP - Check
Roots style blower - Check
custom tune - check
700+ HP - Check
650+ TQ - Check
Carbon Fiber spoiler package - Check
20-inch Hennessey lightweight wheels - Check
price point under 60k - check

wait... is that a base dash... Never-mind Hennessey... cancel that order :headbonk::frusty::doh:
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Sponsored

WestRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3
HPE700 Supercharged 5.0L V8 Engine Upgrade
• Roots-style Supercharger System
• Throttle Body Upgrade
• Stainless Steel Exhaust System Upgrade
• Upgraded Fuel Injectors
• Upgraded Fuel Pump
• All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
• Professional Installation
• HPE Engine Management Calibration
• Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
• Hennessey Exterior Badging
• HPE700 Exterior Badging
• Supercharged Exterior Badging
• Hennessey Premium Floormats
• Serial-Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
• 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Limited Warranty
It will not be a "Base" dash when they're done with it... they will re work the dash, I did get a chance to talk to somebody at hennessy about it... they couldn't tell me to much yet, but did say it will not stay "base"
The pic looks a lot lower so hopefully the list has a set of coilovers somewhere in there preferably a set of specially tuned multimatics.

OP
OP

dwchockey13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 mustang gt

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
OH EM GEE!!!!!!!!!!

I think I just ummmm you know did that ummmm thing and stuff!

:hail:

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
technically it still is cause hennessey doesnt mass produce the car

shawndean22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS 1LE
We are talking about, stock for stock. This Hennessy is not a production stock car (hence the word upgrade), cant even compare the two. You could make an Escalade faster than a GTR......

Sponsored
OP
OP

dwchockey13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 mustang gt
We are talking about, stock for stock. This Hennessy is not a production stock car, cant even compare the two. You could make an Escalade faster than a GTR......
You are absolutely right, I was just posting it because I saw it, my original title is off, I will take responsibility for that, and if a mod wants to change it to "Henessey makes 717hp beast" by all means go ahead. But it does show for the same price they are creating a mustang that is more powerful than a hellcat

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
I'm not entirely sure why it makes a hill of beans difference that you can get a production car with that much HP or whether you can spend the same and get an aftermarket car with that much HP.

Personally, I'd rather mod a car and make it unique while packing the power in vs getting one stock just like everyone else's.

OP
OP

dwchockey13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 mustang gt
I'm not entirely sure why it makes a hill of beans difference that you can get a production car with that much HP or whether you can spend the same and get an aftermarket car with that much HP.

Personally, I'd rather mod a car and make it unique while packing the power in vs getting one stock just like everyone else's.
Warranties, hennessy has a warranty on their vs modding it yourself will most likely void the warranty

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
You are absolutely right, I was just posting it because I saw it, my original title is off, I will take responsibility for that, and if a mod wants to change it to "Henessey makes 717hp beast" by all means go ahead. But it does show for the same price they are creating a mustang that is more powerful than a hellcat
They're also able to take a few more risks since only what..50 will be made?

The Hellcat has to be warrantied for the entire fleet..thus the risk has to be minimized.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Warranties, hennessy has a warranty on their vs modding it yourself will most likely void the warranty
Most people's logic here is severly flawed.

First, the Hellcat is a drag car, nothing more, it weights some 4500 lbs and is a laughing joke. Doesn't matter about it's massive HP and the $70k in cost, or a warranty... it purpose is to eat gas and smoke tires.

Honestly, because if those two things were someone's criteria, the Ford Racing catalogue is where any sane person would start.

How can a Hellcat be ogled over @ $70k... ...and the same people can't frame in their minds, a standard PP GT w/supercharger & $20k in Ford Racing Performance parts Who are these people?
Sponsored