Heating and Cooljng seats in a PP

Stangboyz5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I currently have a pp. I have the premium radio with the heating and cooling seat options and I also have the leather seat covers off of a premium S550. What would I need to get or is it possible to get heating and cooling seats to work in my car?
Sponsored

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
I currently have a pp. I have the premium radio with the heating and cooling seat options and I also have the leather seat covers off of a premium S550. What would I need to get or is it possible to get heating and cooling seats to work in my car?
If the car didn't come with that option from the factory I doubt the harnesses for it are present under the seats. In a car that came with them, there should be two wiring harnesses under the seats, one for the power seat motor and one for the heater/cooler. If those aren't there I'm guessing you'll have to buy the correct harnesses, pull all the carpets and dash out to install them, then likely change some of the as-built settings with Forscan to get the car to recognize the parts before any of it will work.

I don't know if you can just attach the headers to manual seats, either. It may also require a seat swap.

Probably going to be a LOT of work. Not something I would take on unless I had a real shop, nothing but time, and the desire for a huge science project.

OP
OP
Stangboyz5.oh

Stangboyz5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If the car didn't come with that option from the factory I doubt the harnesses for it are present under the seats. In a car that came with them, there should be two wiring harnesses under the seats, one for the power seat motor and one for the heater/cooler. If those aren't there I'm guessing you'll have to buy the correct harnesses, pull all the carpets and dash out to install them, then likely change some of the as-built settings with Forscan to get the car to recognize the parts before any of it will work.

I don't know if you can just attach the headers to manual seats, either. It may also require a seat swap.

Probably going to be a LOT of work. Not something I would take on unless I had a real shop, nothing but time, and the desire for a huge science project.
Thanks for the feedback bro. I think I’ll pass on all this lol

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not sure if you care much about the cooling but the factory cooling isn't very effective. The heat generated by the cooling device is trapped in the seat and after running a while, ends up actually heating some areas of the seat. Multiple threads about it.

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
Not sure if you care much about the cooling but the factory cooling isn't very effective. The heat generated by the cooling device is trapped in the seat and after running a while, ends up actually heating some areas of the seat. Multiple threads about it.
The cooling is better than nothing most of the time. I was thinking about opening up a vent in the seat cover on the back of the seat where the heat really seems to collect. There's other posts with different hacks floating around as well.
Sponsored