Sponsored

Have a new project/DD

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
And it’s a Honda.

My better half bought her first new car in 2014. Unfortunately her commutes for work are insane and she managed to amass 210k miles in 8 years. This car has been VERY solid, other than some basic maintenance items and eating the driver’s CV axle a few times. I have turned every nut and bolt on this car other than recall work, one oil change and alignments. Just adjusted the valves in the end of 2021.

About a month ago, the transmission went out. Not the end of the world, except for the fact that it’s a CVT and no one really rebuilds CVT’s unless they’re Nissan (because they tend to self destruct <100k). It started exhibiting some signs last year that it was going to go and we got 10 more months and about 16k more miles out of it.

So she got a 2019 Civic and I bought her old one with the intent to repair. Well, come to find out, these transmission are a 14-15 model year only and everyone has been on the band wagon of buying them up and reselling as stupid prices.

I did *a lot* of looking and found one local with 36k advertised miles. I now have $3k in the car total, with the trans, and plan on swapping it myself.

Hoping all goes well and if so, I’ll have a nice, comfortable DD to keep the miles off the GT.

This brings me to two Mustangs, a beater Jeep and a Honda that doesn’t currently drive. God help me.. it’s like collecting stray cats.

1661053572165.jpeg
Sponsored