Sponsored

Has my dealer ordered the wrong spec Mustang?

JonF_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Auto
I finally got a VIN no. from my dealer last week (have been told to expect Jan/Feb delivery - it's not on any of the boats at the moment) - when I put the VIN no. into ETIS, it comes up with this:

Build Date: 19.10.2015
Vehicle Line: Mustang
Body Style: Coupe
Version: Base
Engine: 2.3L 4V TI-VCT DI TC Gas
Drive: RHD RWD
Territory: (+)"GB"
Paint: Shadow Black
Interior Colour: Bronze Fire

Thing is, I ordered the Ebony (black) interior! And from what I've read on these forums, 'Bronze Fire' might be the Dark Saddle interior. Is that correct? Has my dealer gone and ordered the wrong car???! :frusty:
Unbelievable.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

JonF_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, Centurion. When I originally ordered and paid the deposit (October 2014!), I did ask for the dark saddle, but later had second thoughts. So when dealer asked for final spec in May, I said the one change I'd like was for the black interior, and I have that in writing thankfully. But as you say, will give it a few days and see what dealer says tomorrow....

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That would be annoying if it ends up not being what you ordered. For what it's worth though, Dark Saddle looks fantastic and will really suit the black exterior.

I would ask for some sort of compensation though......at least a free service or something along those lines.

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
That would be annoying if it ends up not being what you ordered. For what it's worth though, Dark Saddle looks fantastic and will really suit the black exterior.

I would ask for some sort of compensation though......at least a free service or something along those lines.
......or a set of black Recaros? :D

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
Check your window sticker - that should confirm what was built, but I'd expect ETIS to be correct

OP
OP

JonF_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Windows sticker sites sadly aren't showing anything.
TwinTurbo and Five0GT, thanks, I agree the dark saddle does look nice (not that I've actually seen one in person, only photos) but I went with ebony/black in the end for a number of reasons.
Can't quite believe that the dealer may have messed up, and me only finding out at this stage because I asked for the VIN no.

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
If it is built you should be able to get the window sticker; my dealer gave me the last few digits and I worked out the front part using a "mustang vin decoder" web site. Took me a couple of goes as the convertible has a different air bag code.

Sponsored

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
OP
OP

JonF_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
THEY'VE ORDERED THE WRONG CAR!!!

Thanks to everyone for your help, I was able to get that window sticker. And it says...... 'INTERIOR SADDLE LEATHER SEATS'.
The dealer (TrustFord Colindale, by the way) took a huge deposit back in October 2014, have hardly got in touch with me since. They knew nothing about the actual trim levels of the car, and kept pushing back delivery dates (fair enough, they could blame HQ for that). But when they finally got in touch with me, in May this year, it was to ask for the final spec . I phoned them to confirm - black interior - he said OK and please put it in writing. I did, and still have my email saying black interior. AND HE ORDERED THE WRONG ONE!

Am absolutely fuming.

What would you do? If I cancel at this stage, I'd definitely want them to compensate - if nothing else, for sitting on my deposit whilst they went and ordered the wrong car.

But more than that, the car I've waited well over a year for, whilst checking this site almost daily with excitement and learning so much thanks to everyone here - the right car isn't actually likely to turn up after all this time. :faint:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Depends on what you could live with. I originally ordered saddle but changed as I'd never seen it in person. Now I have seen it I would have been very happy with it. I'd want some level of compo though for it not being what I ordered. Problem you've got is that they could probably sell it on as soon as it arrived so negotiation is tricky.
I wouldn't be cancelling but this is a choice only you can make.
Gutted for you if it is the case.

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT

Thanks to everyone for your help, I was able to get that window sticker. And it says...... 'INTERIOR SADDLE LEATHER SEATS'.
The dealer (TrustFord Colindale, by the way) took a huge deposit back in October 2014, have hardly got in touch with me since. They knew nothing about the actual trim levels of the car, and kept pushing back delivery dates (fair enough, they could blame HQ for that). But when they finally got in touch with me, in May this year, it was to ask for the final spec . I phoned them to confirm - black interior - he said OK and please put it in writing. I did, and still have my email saying black interior. AND HE ORDERED THE WRONG ONE!

Am absolutely fuming.

What would you do? If I cancel at this stage, I'd definitely want them to compensate - if nothing else, for sitting on my deposit whilst they went and ordered the wrong car.

But more than that, the car I've waited well over a year for, whilst checking this site almost daily with excitement and learning so much thanks to everyone here - the right car isn't actually likely to turn up after all this time. :faint:
Really sorry to hear this mate, gutted for you :(

phone them tomorrow and see what your options are and hopefully something can be sorted

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather

What would you do?
Well that's a bit crap isn't it:rant:.....

As to what to do, only you can decide.....if the interior colour is such a deal breaker, I suspect you'll have little choice but to cancel:tsk:

Personally, I'd take the saddle, it can't be that you don't "like" it as it was what you ordered in the first place, so if you feel you can live with it then go with it...
Probably not what you want to hear, but rock and a hard place Spring to mind...

What pisses me off, is that this is entirely down to the dealer.:paddle:...FORD USA would only have built what they were asked to build, so you can't blame them....

I imagine a robust conversation with the dealer principle tomorrow, but I can't see it changing much...:gossip:

Let us know what you decide..:thumbsup:
Sponsored